Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes & B&Q Knocknacarra - Accident waiting to happen

Options
  • 30-10-2008 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know who the management company of the Dunnes/B&Q shopping centre in Knocknacarra are?

There are some large parts of the wooden fence surrounding a site up there which have blown onto the road, nails up, they'd be dangerous enough without the nails, but as is they are an accident waiting to happen. I rang the city council and they said that they can't do anything as it's a private road, and to contact the management company. I've no idea how to go about finding out who they are though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

The obvious thing would be to ask one of the tenants ie B&Q, Dunnes, Next.
    They pay management fees to the management company and should know who to contact if they have a specific problem.
    In fact, if you report it to them they should be able to get it resolved.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There was one board down on the road last time I was up there last Saturday night.

Anyone noticed how slippy the plastic speedbumps on the way in are, when it's wet? If you don't hit them square on, you can pitch the car sideways to a very entertaining extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Robbo wrote: »
    There was one board down on the road last time I was up there last Saturday night.

Anyone noticed how slippy the plastic speedbumps on the way in are, when it's wet? If you don't hit them square on, you can pitch the car sideways to a very entertaining extent.

Ya saw one of the boards down last Saturday as well on a corner with some lovely big nails waiting from some poor sods tires to roll over them.

As for those speed ramps they are horrible in the dry or wet. I just go in the back way and avoid them altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

My pal almost went flat on her arse the night before last, *walking across the road* over one of the speedbumps..that would have been embarrassing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Just passed it a few minutes ago the boards have been taken away thankfully.

• Advertisement
Advertisement