Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brothers Grimm

Options
  • 30-10-2008 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend a decent adult version of the grimm brothers fairy tales? Something that includes the lesser know stories as well as the typical fairytales. Any idea where i'd pick up one?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Vintage (I think) publish all (or at least most of) the originals in a paperback. I picked it up a few months ago but haven't read them yet.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Amazon has a verison that appears to be unabridged.
    http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Brothers-Grimm-Fairy-Tales/dp/051709293X

But the comments seem to be saying that the paper is not of the best quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I think I have a copy of that with a different cover. It contains original versions of the Grimm stories. It has well known ones like 'Snowdrop' instead of 'Snow White and the seven dwarfs'. 'Ashputtel' instead of 'Cinderella' and 'Rosebud' which is 'Sleeping Beauty'. I remember reading 'Frederick and Catherine' when I was quite young and finding it hilarious.:)

Advertisement