Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching To AIB

Options
  • 30-10-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Am I the only one who thinks that the online banking from BOI is brutal?

I have a joint account with AIB (for mortgage, household, etc) and the banking online is by far the best I've seen. I'm thinking of switching my personal account to AIB.

Does anyone know what the process is? Do I need to go into the branch, etc? Has anyone else switched to AIB, if so, was the process complicated?

Cheers,

ÉM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭obsydion

yaynay wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks that the online banking from BOI is brutal?

I have a joint account with AIB (for mortgage, household, etc) and the banking online is by far the best I've seen. I'm thinking of switching my personal account to AIB.

Does anyone know what the process is? Do I need to go into the branch, etc? Has anyone else switched to AIB, if so, was the process complicated?

Cheers,

ÉM

In the same boat. I recently signed up with BoI only because I needed to set up an account quickly to sneak into my new work's payroll. I'll probably want to switch to AIB in a few months and I'd like to know what the procedures are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

If you already have a joint account with them, and if that was set up in recent times, then the process should be very simple as they should have all the CJA documentation they need (Criminal Justice Act requires a whole load of docs such as passport, bills, previous statements etc to prove categorically that you are who you say you are).

I'd phone the branch that you already deal with and ask them what they require (and also what you require!).

If they don't have copies of the CJA docs, then you will need to make sure you have all them in place before you apply to open (it is usually a missing document tht causes any delays). As regards switching, the process has been simplified in recent years (whereby the 2 banks communicate with each other to ensure that all direct debits/standing orders etc are handled properly during the switch). The less DDs/SOs you currently have, the less likely there will be any issues!

Anyway, all the info you need is here

Advertisement