Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

japanese imports (sat nav)

Options
  • 30-10-2008 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi can someone help me please. i bought a toyota prius japanese import. the sat nav is built into the dash and has a dvd disc. problem is its all in japanese. is there a way of getting an irish disc to suit this car.. please help me if you can

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Have you tried Toyota Ireland?

Also, edit the thread title to something informative - 'japanese imports' is not going to get you many hits on this thread!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

nah, can't be done, many have tried with Altezzas and the like.
    It's the hardware that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I imported an RX8 with in built sat nav

you have to buy the irish sat nav unit which will cost u a fortune, we had the same problem with our mazda. Toyota Ireland will not be of any help

Try to source an Irish or uk off ebay thats what we did. what your looking for is the dvd unit. ours is working great. your gonna have to put a lot of work into this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

save your money and buy a Tom Tom - that way you have SatNav anywhere - car or no car !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ray.pwr

thanks for replying.. may i ask how much it cost you. i have the dvd unit in the car all i need is the disc.. did you have a hard job finding one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The Prius satnav is powered entirely by smugness.

Unfortunately, there are two different ISO standards for smugness, and the Japanese version does not translate. So you're out of luck.

(sorry, just teasing - good luck fixing this one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Buying a Pious is just so wrong on so many fronts.

Advertisement