Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bt usage - wtf??

Options
  • 30-10-2008 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

on 7.6 meg (option 3)

just logged in to the usage checker ...

October Summary for ******************
    You have exceeded your download limit for this month!
    Data uploaded 3.83 GB
    Data downloaded 32.15 GB

I make this a TOTAL of 35.98 GB

I don't appear to be throttled or anything (not at home to check it atm but was ok last night) but WTF?

FFS - option 2 usage is 30Gig up/down

saw some threads here that the "fair usage" :rolleyes: policy does not kick in til around the 100gig mark?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

They just haven't updated the stats page. Mine still thinks my limit is 30gigs and tells me I've exceeded it too.

You heard correctly re:fair usage, the real limit is 100GB and you will be throttled if you exceed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yup I'm at 112GB atm and have been severely throttled. I'm getting 10-14kb/s now.

When does BT unthrottle people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Yup they just haven't been updated, the 30GB limit that you passed refers to the limit before the upgrades (the 3MB package).

I wouldn't worry about it, when it says your account is throttled from overuse... that's when it matters (it goes to 128kbps / 128kbps U/D)

Just be cautious when your upload + download >= 85GB because it could be throttled soon there after cos it seems to happen at the 100GB mark.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Elessar wrote: »
    Yup I'm at 112GB atm and have been severely throttled. I'm getting 10-14kb/s now.

When does BT unthrottle people?

When your 30-day total drops below 100 again.

Of course BT haven't bothered to give us a 30-day stats page so unless you keep meticulous records of everything you download it's anybody's guess when exactly the throttling will stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I have also exceeded my limit due the whole upgrade fiasco I;m now on a 1mb connection with assocoated limit of 10gb instead of the 3mb connection I should be on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Check your Bill with BT - they cheekily charged me for the recent upgrade - a whopping €100. I had to ring and ask what was going on to get a refund.

Advertisement