Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verbatim 2.4X DVD+R Dual Layer

• 30-10-2008 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

looking for somewhere to buy Verbatim 2.4X DVD+R Dual Layer Dvd's i have been buying them in PC world

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭branners69

I'm looking for the same discs.

www.discs.ie have them for €45 for a 25 spindle + €9 delivery which is €54.

www.svp.co.uk have them for €32 for a 25 spindle + €16 delivery which is €48.

How much are they in PC World?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭bassy

was just about to start a thread on this myself,as i badly need a few of these discs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

I vaguely recall seeing a Verbatim 10 pack for €30 in PC World.

ended up getting 5 for €15 in my local computer supply store though, as I only needed 1 or 2 discs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Tesco in Athlone had there own brand Dual layers, 5 for €6 or something. Even if you burn one coaster every time you try burn a one your still nearly breaking even.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Thanks for the info , the discs are 32 e for 10 in pc world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Do you really reckon verbratims are that much better? I mean I could buy 15 of the tesco ones (which are in individual cases BTW) and a replacemnt laser for the 360 for cheaper than 10 Verbratims in Pc world?

belive me m8 the only way to go is verbatim all the way.
    i got 50 cheap dvd+r DL discs and burnt a few games and the either would,nt load or froze after a few minutes.

so last week i ordered a 25 pack of verbatims from discs.ie cost me 45 + 9 euro delivery=54 euros total.but am totally satisfied now with the results.
    burnt about 14 verbatims so far and there all spot on.

i burn at 1x to be extra carefull,just leave it to burn and come back in 35 mins or so.

so my advice is don,t bother with the cheaper brands there rubbish and are harder on the laser,verbatims for quality and reliability all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭branners69

Anyone interested in splitting delivery?

From what I can see SVP charge €13 for delivery, not matter how many tubs you order!

how much are the verbs with svp?.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭GhanGee

VERBATIM 4x DVD-R DL (Double Couche) [ 4pcs ] - 5 Eur each

(brand new, bought them yesterday. Unfortunately, my device doesn't like them. Can also change them for the same but +R)

• Advertisement
Advertisement