Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Forum mods not in existence

Options
  • 30-10-2008 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I have been posting on the Games Forum under the Far Cry 2 thread and while I admit that my opinions on the game run contrary to a lot of peoples, the slagging off I've been getting was pretty severe, not to mention been given the title "Boards.ie retard of the year". I'm not thin skinned and can take negative criticism but this was over the top. The mods don't seem to be around as noone was told to cool it and back off with the OTT comments. I'm not going to name names or get into slagging matches but perhaps someone should review the later pages of the Far Cry 2 thread and throw some cold water on people to cool them down.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Which Games forum are you talking about? There's loads.
    Also, did you drop one of the Mods a PM with your concerns?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

When you report a thread all the mods in that forum get an email to alert them. if you haven't done so it's usually the best way to get their attention.

Far Cry 2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dave
    If you are talking about the actual Games forum under the Games drop down menu, then monument was last online 2 days ago and NekkidBibleMan was here today @ 12.40, which would suggest that they are both actually in existance.
    A quick check of their profile would have told you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

As a general rule give mods anywhere up to 24 hours to take action on a reported post, depending on where it is, what it is, and most importantly, whether you Reported the post or not, using the report.gif button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I reported the "Retard" comment yesterday - first time I've done that so I don't know what action, if any, would be taken.

The Far Cry 2 thread is under "Games - Games" dropdown. I've been posting on Boards.ie for a couple of years and never saw this kind of harsh replies been thrown at someone without the mods stepping in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well I hear theres about 3 or 4 FC2 threads going on so I wouldn't blame the mods for glazing over them. I'd get tired of reading the same thing 3 times too. (How do the PI mods put up with it? Respect.)

Advertisement