Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator Querie.

Options
  • 30-10-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, got my attic converted one year ago. Just this week the radiator started to give problems.Wont heat up at all, top or bottom.Looking in the hot press I see a red football size ball connected by a pipe to the system. I thought this was a pump to get the water up to the attic??? there are no electrics to it??? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Gerry 51 wrote: »
    Hello, got my attic converted one year ago. Just this week the radiator started to give problems.Wont heat up at all, top or bottom.Looking in the hot press I see a red football size ball connected by a pipe to the system. I thought this was a pump to get the water up to the attic??? there are no electrics to it??? Any help would be appreciated.

The red football is the expansion vessel. You need to find the valve that fills the system. Also the gauge that shows the pressure. You need to get the pressure up to about 1 bar. Don't let it get too high :eek: The valve may be in the attic or hotpress. Open it for a short while - vent the rad - fill again -vent etc. until all is heating and the pressure is at 1 bar.
    Jim.

Advertisement