Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Archive's 2nd Birthday!!!!!

Options
  • 30-10-2008 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Yes...Phantom is two years old this weekend...and so is the Album Archive! So I'm going to celebrate on Sunday night with a selection of the best live tracks, b-sides, interviews and demo recordings we've dug up from the last 24 months! We've had some great shows and looked at some stunning albums!

If you have any highlights please let me know and I'll try and squeeze something in just for you!

So tune in this Sunday at midnight...and you might just hear the first time Billy Corgan sang 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings' on tape, one of the greatest live recordings of 'Born To Run'....ever, or media coverage of the LA riots...sparked by Depeche Mode! Brilliant!

Sunday Midnight - Phantom 105.2
    www.phantom.ie
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Hey, just thought i'd pop in another suggestion for the archive... I know you've done a PJ Harvey album already but thats aaages ago (almost 2years according to the list) so i was thinking maybe you could do an archive on Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea.
    Interesting in Polly Jean's own right, but another dimension is added with Thom Yorke's involvement. I initially thought that he was just involved on the one track, but i think I heard him singing backing vox on Beautiful Feeling also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Hey, just thought i'd pop in another suggestion for the archive... I know you've done a PJ Harvey album already but thats aaages ago (almost 2years according to the list) so i was thinking maybe you could do an archive on Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea.
    Interesting in Polly Jean's own right, but another dimension is added with Thom Yorke's involvement. I initially thought that he was just involved on the one track, but i think I heard him singing backing vox on Beautiful Feeling also.

Good call Shanannigan! Consider it done. Should have it in a couple of weeks. Paul Weller Stanley Rd is next week!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I love this show and tuned in alot when driving home at night. Been a bit puzzled by some recent selections but i love the concept. If you're looking for recommendations - Figure 8 by Elliott Smith.

Good call on Figure 8. Covered Either/Or about a year and a half ago so I thik its about time we had a look at him again.

What choices puzzled by the way?

catch--22 wrote: »
    Good call on Figure 8. Covered Either/Or about a year and a half ago so I thik its about time we had a look at him again.

What choices puzzled by the way?

Snow Patrol! and i can't remember the other one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

nice one.. thats the thing i love about the show.. the listener input.. the chance to hear an entire show based on our suggestions.. there's not many radio shows that can offer that..

OK....its the Killers 'Hot Fuss' this weekend, PJ the week after and lets aim for Elliott Smith the week after that?

OK....its the Killers 'Hot Fuss' this weekend, PJ the week after and lets aim for Elliott Smith the week after that?

Cool as, i'll try and tune in on Sunday as i'd be interested what you have to say on the Killers, no doubt at the time a great album, imo i don't think the longevity was there but i don't think i'll ever forget spinning it the first time and going, this is great fun.

Oh and ya gotta mention the album cover of figure 8, the wall where it was taken on Sunset Blvd has become a kind of shrine to ES. The photo was taken by Autumn De Wilde.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Oh and ya gotta mention the album cover of figure 8, the wall where it was taken on Sunset Blvd has become a kind of shrine to ES. The photo was taken by Autumn De Wilde.

Yeah I've seen pics of that alright. great to see that they kept it all these years.

Anyway....up next week is PJ Harvey as promised. Mr. Smith the week after!

• Advertisement

Great show on Hot Fuss, really puts things in perspective especially with the new piece of ____ on offer from them

Missed the polly show however i'm looking forward to sunday no end, if you catach an illness or do a hammy and need some to talk eloquently about figure 8 for an hour or two, give me a shout!

Missed the polly show however i'm looking forward to sunday no end, if you catach an illness or do a hammy and need some to talk eloquently about figure 8 for an hour or two, give me a shout!

Noted! ;)

No mystery illnesses to report catch?

No mystery illnesses to report catch?

:) Just the normal weekend sufferings!

:) Just the normal weekend sufferings!

Damn! Looking forward to tuning in. It somehow had slipped my mind.

Whhoooo !

Anything good in store over the next few weeks?

Anything good in store over the next few weeks?

Pearl Jam 10 is this coming Sunday. Gonna have a sit down tomorrow and get a plan for the next few if you care to add to any of the weeks?

Pearl Jam 10 is this coming Sunday. Gonna have a sit down tomorrow and get a plan for the next few if you care to add to any of the weeks?

Wilco - A Ghost is Born - or you could go back to Being There
    (I'm pretty sure you've done Yankee )

Dexys midnight Runners - Too Rye Ay

The Wrens - Meadowlands

REM - Monster

• Advertisement

Yeah, Yankee was covered a few months abck. REM Monster on next week anyway!

Nice one i'll see(hear) you on sunday then.

Advertisement