Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help, Central Heating not working.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Firebird tech dept is next to useless lately. If it's under warrenty your laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

If I was warm I would be hysterical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Good for you 'big b', bet you just love walking about the house in just shorts now :)

Hmm......must remember to shut the curtains! :D

Hope you get sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

It can only be one of two things (I stand to be corrected!) either a blocked nossle (replace nossle) provided you are getting oil at the pump and it sprays (at bleed nut) when it tries to fire or it's a faulty photocell. Nossle approx €6 photocell RDB €22 max.

Yea, if there is pressure at the bleed nut under the pressure adjustment screw (which should be about 15 half turns out from fully in), then the pump seems to be working. Try changing the nozzle for the same size and angle.

When you switch on, you should hear the motor whirring, then after 10 secs or so, there is a click and a light buzzing sound comes in for about 5 secs, and the burner should fire during this time. I have heard of some RDB photocells giving trouble - I don't think that it happens a lot. You could carefully lift out the burner as it tries to start and see if oil is spraying from the jet but not igniting. You didn't move the electrides cleaning the nozzle or anything like that ?
    Jim.

Advertisement