Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Threat = Site Ban

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Yes, a mistake... ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

An insult is not necessarily defamatory as it's mostly opinion.

Defamation is accusing a person of something that would lower the opinion of that person in the eyes of a fair-minded individual. Posting that someone is a "liar", a "criminal", or a "paedophile" is libel; calling them a "prick" or a "muppet" probably is not.

Ultimately I think this rule falls under the more general rule of don't be a muppet. My friends know who I am on Boards but like 99% of posters I'm not very identifiable to the public. So I'm not going to care all that much if someone on Boards were to accuse me of being a criminal. SERIOUS BUSINESS and all that. I'll report the post, but you're being a muppet if you'd actually consider taking legal action over the matter.

What about if someone calls me a... *looks up* ...Misogynist? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Overheal wrote: »
    What about if someone calls me a... *looks up* ...Misogynist? :pac:

"You're a misogynist" = ok
    "You're a misogynist, bitch" = not ok.

I thought that was cleared up at the time no?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Huh? :confused:

/edit

ooopps :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Huh? :confused:

/edit

ooopps :o
    What Happened?

The one fecking week i don't look at the banlist, and something happens.

Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

lethal treats= side burns?

nevf wrote: »
    What Happened?
    Someone got banned :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

There is a ban list?!

This is for fappage... can i see or is it sekrit?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

• Advertisement

I see este finally walked the plank. One ban avoidance too much... Shame.

props on the alt acc name. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Man they got estencambias? Harsh.

"all the federales say they coulda had him any day, they only let him go out of kindness I s'pose"

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Ah, Poncho & Lefty. Old skool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Shame bethjoyce55 was banned, i was hoping she could get up to 20 posts of mentioning cheese snacks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Galvasean wrote: »
    Does the same action apply to people who threaten to call the Guards on other posters? I see that a lot these days.

If it is just name calling then I can't see how calling the guards is going help.

If it is someone posting some criminal activity past/present/future then they generally get banned and it wouldn't surprise me if someone reported them to the guards.

Actually quite a few guards read the forums.

eoin_s wrote: »
    estebancambias? What did he do? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Clearly something he wasn't meant to.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

yorema

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

He'll hopefully learn his lesson

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

regi wrote: »
    He'll hopefully learn his lesson

You do realise he has been perm-banned ya, since the first ban? Re-Registerd. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Ha, and what about the genius Maximagary ?. Re-regged as Garymaxima and is probably still wondering how Ruu spotted it. :D

I know but, what did he do to deserve the first ban?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

More than likely trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

Legend :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Believe he had history which was probably one of the deciding factors to site ban. Also, the ban was made perm when he re-reged to post.

Funny though. He is shouting a bit of abuse in Prison claiming he doesnt care but will re-reg at times anyway. Sad tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I haven't read all the replies but, what happens to the person who slanders the other person?

For example, someone kept referring to me as a racist once, which I found very unpleasant.

How should that situation be dealt with?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I haven't read all the replies but, what happens to the person who slanders the other person?

For example, someone kept referring to me as a racist once, which I found very unpleasant.

Looks to me like you're implying that said someone was slandering you. Siteban for AARRGH! :D:pac:

Seriously you should just report them without legalese or if you insist on going down the legal route, do it. Just don't use legal speak when reporting it or on thread as that's now a bannable offense. Simple enough really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

AARRRGH wrote: »

How should that situation be dealt with?
    If you used the forbidden words when reporting the posts then you'd be banned - simple.

If you reported the posts with the comment - "I think this is personal abuse / name calling" then the poster would be dealt with according to the charter / boards.ie general rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

You can't be libelled on boards unless you've used your real name as your username.

Advertisement