Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Threat = Site Ban

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

does sitw stand for something or is it the username of a poster who keeps rereging?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

faceman wrote: »
    it was slowly coming more common place seeing plonkers threaten to sue on the site!

Now back to smuggling foreigners in the Nocturnal forum...

SSSshhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

does sitw stand for something or is it the username of a poster who keeps rereging?
    Site wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Site wide.

Spam in the works actually.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aye - Spam in the Works. Think Ruu is the master detecting them. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That he is. Himself and Gordon have a price on their head in sweaty internet cafes in places we've never even heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I used to cry myself to sleep every night wondering what sitw meant, and now i finally know.... Ruu seems to be a good bullshít detector alright - there's something about that lad... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Indeed spam in the works is correct, there are tell tale signs, usually the only people with sitw as a bantag are bots.

Hopefully the bounty on me is higher than Ruus :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What I always wondered but was afraid to ask in case I seemed like a noob..:)

wait...

:eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Would "Spammer in the works" not sound better lads? More of a play on words on "spanner in the works". :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I think that's what it started out as when we first started looking for dormant spambot accounts, but it's morphed into the acronym sitw now. I think Gordon got lazy, or else got a Business degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can't remember if I coined it but it was shortened as I couldn't be arsed typing that all out every time.

A while back Ruu was chasing my heels on the banlist so I started looking for old spambots with zero posts linked to spambots with posts. Unfortunately my searches uncovered a crapload of old accounts and I spent ages pruning them all. I had time on my hands then..

Spiffing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sherifu wrote: »
    Spiffing.
    Nifty

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SteveC wrote: »
    Nifty
    Neato.

Spam in a can. I like ham.

specially processed american meat /ftw

wat?

overheal - is that you?

nom nom nom

/thread loses direction

Advertisement