Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your railcards for £1 (1/3 saving on train fares in London area)

Options
  • 30-10-2008 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

I've posted about the Network Rail Card before which gives a saving of 1/3 off the price of train travel in London and the South-East, subject to some time and service restrictions. It is very useful for travel to/from Stansted Airport, I got my open return to Liverpool Street last night for £17.15 instead of the usual £26.

The cards normally cost £20 and are valid for one year, however a fellow poster who I bumped into last night (Simple Pieman) has kindly offered to purchase one through his own travel season ticket for the princely sum of £1, and can arrange a few more though his mates.

That's right, £1, a saving of £19 on the normal price for the card.

To be as fair as possible, I'm going to operate a first come first served policy on this, so if you are interested post on this thread, then PM me your name/address/next game you'll be at.

I will ask that if you don't intend going to a game for a good while that maybe you consider leaving this for more frequent visitors to WHL, but it is open to all Spurs fans on this board.

Thanks again to Stephen (the Pieman) for his kind offer, which is exactly what this forum should be about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Jaysus lads, don't kill each other in the rush...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Ronan if its still possible I'll take one of them it'll come in handy. Ill Pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Yes please, much appriciated

Advertisement