Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just been let go - Motor Trade

Options
  • 30-10-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I've been selling cars now for 6 years. I've been with the current company for 2 years and just got made redundant this morning due to the economic down turn and a complete stop in motor sales.

Obviously now is not a good time to get back in the motor industry but can anyone recommend a similar type of sales job, possibly in the fcmg sector. Anyone got any recommended recruitment sites for someone with 6 years sales experience but no college qualification?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jamiecall

thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

jamiecall wrote: »
    I've been selling cars now for 6 years. I've been with the current company for 2 years and just got made redundant this morning due to the economic down turn and a complete stop in motor sales.

Obviously now is not a good time to get back in the motor industry but can anyone recommend a similar type of sales job, possibly in the fcmg sector. Anyone got any recommended recruitment sites for someone with 6 years sales experience but no college qualification?

Thanks in advance

That's terrible Jamie, were you working in a franchised or a non franchised dealeship???

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jamiecall

Working for a franchise dealership. Two of us in sales were left go. Absolutely gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

It's an awful blow, the only positive thing you can take out of it is that in the current climate, it's not a reflection on you at all. I've a mate who is in franchised sales and he is dreading going to work every day because he hasn't sold a car in the whole month of October and knows that it is only a matter of time before the inevitable happens. My advice to you is go out for a long walk somewhere remote to clear your head a bit and come up with a gameplan...

• Advertisement
Advertisement