Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ekotto Wants Away

Options
  • 30-10-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

On SKY SPORTS Website

Tottenham defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto wants to return to France and would preferably join Paris Saint-Germain.

The Ligue 1 side are understood to be looking for reinforcements on their left side and Newcastle's Charles N'Zogbia is rumoured to be a target.

But in the wake of Assou-Ekotto's announcement, PSG could now consider a January bid for the Spurs full-back.

The 24-year-old - who moved to White Hart Lane from Lens in 2006 - featured in Wednesday night's North London derby draw with Arsenal, and also played in new manager Harry Redknapp's first game in charge last weekend.

However, he has confessed that he would welcome the opportunity to return across The Channel, telling RMC:

"I have thought a lot and I really want to return to France, and preferably with PSG."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

rocky25 wrote: »
    On SKY SPORTS Website

Tottenham defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto wants to return to France and would preferably join Paris Saint-Germain.

The Ligue 1 side are understood to be looking for reinforcements on their left side and Newcastle's Charles N'Zogbia is rumoured to be a target.

But in the wake of Assou-Ekotto's announcement, PSG could now consider a January bid for the Spurs full-back.

The 24-year-old - who moved to White Hart Lane from Lens in 2006 - featured in Wednesday night's North London derby draw with Arsenal, and also played in new manager Harry Redknapp's first game in charge last weekend.

However, he has confessed that he would welcome the opportunity to return across The Channel, telling RMC:

"I have thought a lot and I really want to return to France, and preferably with PSG."
    I think he is okay, but I think he can be replaced if he wants to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

John W wrote: »
    I think he is okay, but I think he can be replaced if he wants to go.

I agree he's very replaceable, Can Hutton or bale play left full?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Harsh but, no loss imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

tippspur wrote: »
    Harsh but, no loss imo..

Did ok last night but no great defender - position we could improve easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

galinka wrote: »
    Did ok last night but no great defender - position we could improve easily.

Just heard this is all BS - It is a quote he made last year that the paper re-posted - Lazy barstewards!:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement