Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Within Temptation - Black Symphony

• 30-10-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Within Temptation - Black Symphony
    & The Metropole Orchestra

Black_Symphony-cover.jpg

Has anybody else gotten this? I have but I'm having a hard time finding the time of day to finally sit down and look at it. I started to watch it last night but I got distracted. The Howling and Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) were just utterly amazing from what I saw, and I still have the rest to have a look at!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

It is fantastic isn’t it? What is so brilliant about it is the fact that it is produced magnificently. The Metropole Orchestra and The Pa'dam Choir sound brilliant, it is like a studio album, the production quality is that amazing. "Mother Earth", "Stand My Ground", “Our Solemn Hour” and "Angels" really stand out imo. You are dead right about The Howling and Jillian (I'd Give My Heart), they are two of my favourite songs (currently learning them on my keyboard) and the sound is out of this world. Sharon’s performance is simply breathtaking, she is awesome. I can’t comment on the show itself as I wasn’t there. :( It annoyed me as I tried to take time off for it but wasn’t allowed. It’s time for Within Temptation to conquer the world, and smash the US market. If you have free time over the weekend try and watch the entire DVD as many times as possible. Best time is during the night, but any time is better than no time. :)

They are putting on a huge performance on Nov 2nd at The 013 in Tilburg (Netherlands). It promises to be an awesome gig. I am getting tormented right now by my mates who are going to it. Just recently started in University and unfortunately can’t take time off for it. Hopefully they will be touring again in 09 as I am long overdue seeing them live. Been listening to Dutch radio stations online over the summer and the amount of interest it is generating is unreal. Stations giving away tickets, backstage VIP passes etc. It is so exciting and it is amazing to see fantastic support by the local radio/TV. Encouragement over here for Metal/Symphonic Rock/Metal acts is at a record low when you consider Ireland has a thriving underground Metal community. Within Temptation new single “Forgiven”, released last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

The setup itself certainly looks and sounds spectacular. If only other bands of such greatness in the symphonic metal scene such as Nightwish or Epica would release a DVD like this.. I don't think I'd ever be able to stop watching them to be quite honest.

A tour is most certainly called for next year! Hopefully they'll pay us a visit, I don't they've ever visited Ireland. I'd love to be able attend their first Irish show as I did with Nightwish and Sonata Arctica, it'd just be immense, and I'm sure they'd be very well recieved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was at the Black Symphony concert and I'm in the DVD in a few places and in the extras :D
    I queued for 10 hours to get my spot in the front row and it was so well worth it. It was the most spectacular concert I've ever been to.
    I'm packing at the moment to go over to the Netherlands to meet the band and go to my 4th WT gig in Tilburg at the weekend.

Here are some pics from the Black Symphony gig

th_PICT3753.jpg

th_PICT3787.jpg

th_PICT3866.jpg

th_PICT3880.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi Nightwish

Nice one on making the final cut of the DVD, you must have been thrilled. 10 hours queueing and getting to the very top, well worth it imo. If you get the chance can you have a chat to Sharon or Robert and ask them would their promoters consider booking them for Ireland in 2009. If not then it doesn't make any difference where they will be in Europe as I am determined to get there. Just been to their website and all their remaining gigs for 08 are booked out (no surprise there). Have a great one. They are organising a fan club day as well, I take it you will be there. :) It's gonna be spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Nightwish wrote: »
    I was at the Black Symphony concert and I'm in the DVD in a few places and in the extras :D
    I queued for 10 hours to get my spot in the front row and it was so well worth it. It was the most spectacular concert I've ever been to.
    I'm packing at the moment to go over to the Netherlands to meet the band and go to my 4th WT gig in Tilburg at the weekend.

Here are some pics from the Black Symphony gig

Great quality pictures Nightwish, looks like you were using a good camera.

• Advertisement
Advertisement