Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walkmen

• 30-10-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

On in The Button Factory, Nov 02. Anyone going? I saw them during CMJ last year and they blew my mind. Wasn't really that into them before seeing them live, but between them and Vampire Weekend it was an enlightening festival!

They've never played over here before, and I'd been wondering ever since seeing them when they would. We're playing the support slot too, which is unreal cos they'd be one of about three bands I'd really love to support and, understandably, I'm real excited about it.

Come down. And try catch us too!

Cheers,
    Pinky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I'm going. I've been waiting years to see them. I'll be there early so you'd better be good.

Their song "Bows and arrows" is my favorite song ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Amazing show. Didn't get Bows and arrows but very happy. Hope they come back again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

DAMN! Cant believe i missed that!

Ffs, i dont know too much about them, but i like what i do. Loving Rats at the moment. Dont suppose they are coming back anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

They were saying there is talk of them coming back in February. Hope so. Such a sweet band...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

They are pretty cool alright, im definitely gonna make the february gig if there is one. What was your support slot like? What are they like in person?

BTW if you support them again in feb, and need someone to lift gear for free in, then you know who to call :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Support slot was really good. Very good crowd, but then I thought that the sort of crowd they'd attract would be. Very receptive!

They're really nice guys. It was the last date of their European tour, they flew home at 6 this morning, so I'd say they were pretty wrecked, but they still entertained our gushing!

One thing I'd say is that when they played The Rat everyone went mental, though a lot of their other stuff is superior...

Advertisement