Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVI to RCA (Yellow, Red, White??)

Options
  • 30-10-2008 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all
    Would really appreciate any help i can get on this.
    I'm looking for a way to connect a Macbook air (micro DVI out) to a tv (red,white,yellow- is that called composite?) so that i can watch dvds/movies etc on the tv.
    I have both a 1)micro dvi to vga and 2)micro dvi to dvi adapter already for the MBA. Can someone please suggest a relatively cheap and/or tidy way to connect to the tv? if it's possible to have both video and sound coming from the tv would be ideal.
    Thanks for any help you can offer,
    Bob20k.:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Can you tell us about the TV is it a modern LCD with VGA/HDMI ?
    Apple and others sell a range of connectors for the MacBook Air computers.

This might be what you already have. If so then for HDMI you'll need one of these to connect to the tv.

The audio will need one of these but you could pick one up cheaper in Maplin or Dixons.

The actual cables you need will depend firstly on the features your tv has and secondly on your expectations. Unfortunately there's no way to combine both signals. as the MBA doesn't have a HDMI connector.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cyberbob20k

Unfortunatley no, my tv is just a bog standard CRT with the red,white and yellow connections at the front. Will i need something to scale the picture output from the macbook too so?
    cheers,
    Bob20k

Advertisement