Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comedy slot on Newstalk Breakfast Show

• 30-10-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

The Maroon Brothers, aka Joe Rooney & Kevin Gildea

Of the 4 (?) broadcast, I have heard 3 and I thought one of them was very good.

Any opinions ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I heard one this morning...something about some guy thinking his pigs were sheep...and I have to say it was the unfunniest piece of comedy I've ever had to endure.

Woeful stuff.

If i wanted comedy, I'd be listening to some other station. I want to hear news when I tune to NewsTalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

I've heard it.Dreadful stuff.Newstalk should dump this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭uturnin6weeks

It is not funny one bit- it makes a joke of the breakfast show! Actually being honest the whole Breakfast show is just rubbish. I think they need to get a new producer and change Ger Gilroy...you can tell Claire and Ger hate the comedy they never make comments towards it. ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Fauldy Banny

Terrible excuse for comedy, really bad. I think they're trying to get in on the Gift Grub, Knob nation idea but its a masiff FAIL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Caught the broadcast of this over th epast few mornings ... feckin hell its brutal Didnt realise ti was Joe Rooney, I've heard some of his standup stuff and its funny enough but this MAroon Brothers tripe is painful to listen to!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

When are these on? Not the breakfast show, the comedy bits. I wanna tune into them when they are on rather than listen to the whole feckin breakfast show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Trust me, you don't.

(7.55-ish though if you still want to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It's awful stuff and it cheapens the show. It's bad enough that they're continually touting for texts and having frivolous items without this tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 noiseannoys

Firetrap wrote: »
    It's awful stuff and it cheapens the show. It's bad enough that they're continually touting for texts and having frivolous items without this tripe.
    Ah, give it a chance! I thought the "James Bond in a Kildare B&B" had potential. The Maroon brothers seem to have only started on the station. What happened to Joe Donnelly, ex Spin's Breakfast Express? I didnt think he was as good without Keith. I think Ger'nClaire are only getting to grips with the slot too- they dont seem to be able for surrealism at that hour of the morning.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Comedy slot?

From 6.30 till 9?

That one?

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

TBH I given it a chance and James Bond in a B&B was the only one that made me smile. The rest have been bad. It's got to the stage where I switch off the radio at 7.55.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

It's shockingly bad and I get the impression that as time goes on, Gilroy and Byrne are feeling more and more embarassed when introducing it these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

I switch over to morning ireland when they announce it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Comedy slot?

From 6.30 till 9?

That one?

Mike

hah.

It's about as funny as cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I don't know why current affairs programs have to have comedy slots in them. If I want to hear comedy in the morning, I'll tune into Gift Grub. If I want current affairs, I hit Morning Ireland or Newstalk's gruesome twosome, depending on what's being discussed.

Advertisement