Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Program to Organise and view all my movies

• 30-10-2008 6:02pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭

Im wondering is there a program out there that I can use that will:

1. Take all the names of my movies ->
    2. Look them up on Imdb or the likes ->
    3. Allow me to sort by genre, actor etc.

Even if it was an online program that would suffice. I really just want to be able to say, I want to watch a movie by actor X, and then search through all my movies of which he/she is cast in.

If anyone is familar with XBMC, id basically be looking for their "library" view only on my laptop. I also know there's a XBMC live CD, but that'd involve restarting and loading from the CD and thats just a bit of a pain (lazy, i know).

Ive had a look around, but no real joy as yet.

Mods feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum if there is one... :?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've never used it but something like this maybe? http://www.wensoftware.com/MovieLibrary/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

XBMC, You can now install it on windows, problem solved :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    How does it perform? Media Centers tend to be resource hogs, so I have to ask.

Overheal wrote: »

No idea, I haven't tried it as I'm running 64bit Vista but its designed to run on the original Xbox which is just a 733MHz Pentium III with only 64MB DDR SDRAM. It runs lovely on an Xbox, opens media files shared from my Vista pc quicker than Vista itself, honestly. XBMC is deadly, gets all media info amd thumbnails for all media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

might give that a go. Windows MC annoys the hell out of me, And HP quickplay makes me rage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Overheal wrote: »

It worked fine on my eeePC with 1GB RAM and the underclocked (630MHz) Celeron.

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Awesome, problem solved. Have you tried this with external hard drives. Id be looking to add my library of files, throw a few more onto the external, and the update the library again. Should all work ok i think.

On a side note, hows 64bit Vista? Compatibility wise?

On a side note, hows 64bit Vista? Compatibility wise?

No issues, absolutely none. Was a few issues at first when i first tried it a yr ago, driver incompatibilities, You see 64bit needs digitally signed drivers but now most devices and software support 64bit. No goin back to 32bit for me.

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yeah, its about time I used all 4Gb of ram

Advertisement