Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting north Dublin - Clontarf area

Options
  • 30-10-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

This thread has prob been started before but I can't seem to find it.

My girlfriend and I are looking to move to the clontarf, killester, fairview area and were hoping to find out a bit more about where is nice for renting, close to good restaurants, pubs etc and the dart. Killester and fairview seem to be better value for money but are they ok to live in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Daire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

All fairly quiet and close by so you could comfortably live in any. Have you looked at Marino area close to Clontarf Dart station? You'll pay more to rent in better parts of Clontarf but I'm doubtfull it's worth the extra for a similar size/type property. You could live in say Marino (just off malahide road) close to Dart and take advantage of everything Clontarf etc has to offer as everything is fairly close. You get a lot of young drunk people in Fairview over weekend nights outside of the Barcode place in Westwood Gym but thats all anti social stuff I've seen and I am in area regularly at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ivelostthewill

killester hasnt there been a couple of shootings/stabbings there lately. plenty of places on the north strand and surrounds and fairly cheap by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

killester hasnt there been a couple of shootings/stabbings there lately. plenty of places on the north strand and surrounds and fairly cheap by all accounts.
    There was one shooting, it was a once-off. Unfortunately nowhere in Dublin is immune from random violence these days. Witness the high profile case in the CC court at the moment. In terms of safety Killester is still far more preferable than North Strand.

I'd second Ronbyrne2005's suggestion and take a look at Marino. Nice area close to both Clontarf and Drumcondra but a little cheaper to rent than either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dairefitz

Thanks for the feed back guys!

Advertisement