Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media jobs in Oz and NZ

Options
  • 30-10-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,

Like almost every other person left in Ireland Im thinking of making the move over to Oz or NZ. I have worked abroad before in Media jobs (video editing, broadcast etc) but wanted to know if many are available.

My other question is about accommodation and lifestyle. Im not really down with doing the whole hostel and back packing vibe. Im sure its great fun and all but Im more suited to getting a job a decent apartment. How possible is this on a Working Holiday visa, will companies employe you, is living in apartment expensive?

Any advise would be great. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

My other question is about accommodation and lifestyle. Im not really down with doing the whole hostel and back packing vibe. Im sure its great fun and all but Im more suited to getting a job a decent apartment. How possible is this on a Working Holiday visa, will companies employe you, is living in apartment expensive?

Yes companies will employ you, you can indeed get an apartment, but if you want a nice one you'll prob have to get a job first (would you rent your apartment to a non working foreign worker?)

One cannot possibly answer the question "is living in an apartment expensive" as it is too vague. E.g. what type of apartment? studio? one bed, two bed? what location etc?
    I've seen studio's going for $300 a week, a 2 bed on northshore $370 per week, 2 bed in bronte for $520 pw .. etc, so unless you give details we can't help you

but if you want close to eastern beaches (in sydney) then it will be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Like almost every other person left in Ireland Im thinking of making the move over to Oz or NZ. I have worked abroad before in Media jobs (video editing, broadcast etc) but wanted to know if many are available.

I presume you're going to be on a working holiday visa? If so then it will be difficult to get a job like that.

I work in the media but only got the job because I'm a citizen.

Advertisement