Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Pentax Camcorder Head Alignment Help Please!

• 30-10-2008 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

I have an old Pentax PV-C860E 8mm camcorder with a number of tapes of old family movies that I am trying to get onto my computer. I can get the camera connected to the computer and view the live image, but when playing the tapes the image is just white with horizontal lines all over the place. It looks like the head tracking/alignment is miles off (the camera hasn't been used for years), but the heads could also be dirty. I've tried a number of tapes and the image is always the same.

Does anyone know how to adjust the head tracing on this camcorder? or where I can get a head cleaner for it? I don't have any manuals and there are no obvious controls on the camera for adjusting the tracking.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I've tried cleaning the heads on this camcorder with a cleaning tape and with cotton buds and the picture is a little better, but still skips and jumps. I am beginning to think that the camcorder is just a bit knackered!!!

I am not sure what format this camcorder uses for recording (I don't have the manuals anymore and searching on the internet yielded nothing). I have linked to a picture below of the camcorder. Can anyone give me any info on it? The recording format; Is it possible to get a standalone player for the tapes? I just need to get the video off the tapes and onto the computer. Any help appreciated.

IMG_1599.JPG

Advertisement