Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beertender, available to buy here?

• 30-10-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

I want my wife to purchase me one of these for Xmas

http://www.beertender.com/

So I can spend even more time drinking and ignoring her whilst watching sports (jking)

Are they available to buy over here? Anyone?

Tnx,

Inq
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

they had these or very similar for half price in house of fraser a while back..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Lidl did minikeg dispensers for a while a few months back. I'm sure they'll have them again, but I've no idea when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You see this one refrigerates the Beer, and it keeps for 3 weeks, thats the important thing for me. Cool Draught beer on tap instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Inquitus wrote: »
    You see this one refrigerates the Beer, and it keeps for 3 weeks, thats the important thing for me. Cool Draught beer on tap instantly.

The lidl one does that too, and keeps the beer pressurised with a co2 cartridge so stays fresh for 30 days. Its a morphy richards one, Have it. Tis cool!!

Only bad thing bout the beertender one is that it only suits the Heineken keg, so your stuck with Heineken!

slayerking wrote: »
    The lidl one does that too, and keeps the beer pressurised with a co2 cartridge so stays fresh for 30 days. Its a morphy richards one, Have it. Tis cool!!

Only bad thing bout the beertender one is that it only suits the Heineken keg, so your stuck with Heineken!

Tnx a mil, that sounds just the job! Can you give me the model number so I can see if it's available elsewhere bar lidl.

• Advertisement

Tnx a mil, that sounds just the job! Can you give me the model number so I can see if it's available elsewhere bar lidl.

Its this one here clicky
    There are a few other taps out there similar to this (think they might be called 'Biermaxx' systems)

I find it great but there are a few things to note:

*Kegs can be hard to find and the heineken one doesnt fit it. It takes the 5Liter partykegs (The ones with the hole in the top and the manual plastic tap at the bottom that you can use if you dont have a tap). Very popular in Germany, but not so popular here! Aldi and Lidl have them occaisionally and some other places too!

*It need additional CO2 cartridges to keep the beer fresh and under pressure.

Couldn't find the kegs or CO2 around the midlands after Lidl and Aldi stopped getting them in so I resorted to the internet to order them!! (From Germany)

On the plus side, it keeps the beer really cool, CO2 keeps really good pressure on the tap so beer stays nice and you can get a good variety of different beers in that keg form.

BUT,
    If you like heineken its probably handiest to go with the beer tender.
    The kegs are handy to get as there available everywhere and no CO2 is needed either as its built in to the heineken keg!!

If you any questions let me know??!:)

Heineken is not high on my beer lists, I believe Warsteiner among other fine purveyors do these 5L Kegs, thats a big step up from bloody Heino!

Heineken is not high on my beer lists, I believe Warsteiner among other fine purveyors do these 5L Kegs, thats a big step up from bloody Heino!

Yea, Theres a good list of beers that you can get in the partykegs! Getting them is the problem!!

I ordered off these guys about a month ago Bierpaket
    They have a good few kegs costin around 10-13 euro and they ship upto 4 kegs to Ireland for 21.90 (works out about 17 euro per keg (ordered 4) total incl shippin). Took about 2 weeks to come and the beer was lovely (Their Hartmann Schwarzbier was v nice!!). I'll def be orderin off them for christmas.

These guys also look good too fassfinder
    Prob give them a go at some stage too. Not sure what there shippin to Ireland is though.

You'll have to brush up on your German to understand the websites!!!:D

Advertisement