Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New UTV Packages?

Options
  • 30-10-2008 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭

Its after coming to my attention that utv have new prices, they never bothered to tell me. Im on the 3mb one for 22.99 but now they have new prices, 16.99 for 3mb and 23.99 for the 7.6mb.

Im thinking of upgrading to the 7.6mb, does the speed actually go to 7.6mb? Ive heard this package has high ping. How high is it?, my current ping to boards is around 40. What would it be after updgrading?

If I change to the 16.99 package, will they charge me a fee? I dont see how they could.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

bush wrote: »
    Its after coming to my attention that utv have new prices, they never bothered to tell me. Im on the 3mb one for 22.99 but now they have new prices, 16.99 for 3mb and 23.99 for the 7.6mb

Im thinking of upgrading to the 7.6mb, does the speed actually go to 7.6mb? Ive heard this package has high ping. How high is it?, my current ping to boards is around 40. What would it be after updgrading?.

The speed will depend solely upon the quality of your telephone line. If you have an excellent line you will get the full speed but most people don't.

The package you are talking about does have high interleaving. Expect your pings to go up to around 90ms.
    bush wrote: »
    If I change to the 16.99 package, will they charge me a fee? I dont see how they could.

There should be no problem as its just getting your price adjusted. The only issue may be with breaking your contract but a quick call to their customer care should have that sorted.

Advertisement