Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good buy?

Options
  • 30-10-2008 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Viewing this car tomorrow
    www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=169638
    told the vrt registration will add an extra 1200 euro but still seems like a good buy to me. am i doing ok? or would i be better off looking at something else. really just looking for a cheap run around car that looks have decent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's very little information in that ad, TBH. Be sure to have the car mechanically checked out and HPId if you do decide to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Can't say i'm impressed tbh, high mileage 1.4 focus, with what looks like a patch of rust on the front left of the bonnet. I wouldn't buy it from the ad alone, just noticing the "I need money, good price!" line would make me walk a mile. In short, i wouldn't touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Anan1 wrote: »
    There's very little information in that ad, TBH. Be sure to have the car mechanically checked out and HPId if you do decide to go ahead.

What Anan1 said. HPI very important here, and make sure you get a long good look at the v5. Any excuses about documents - run away as fast as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kboland35

thanks guys. didn't buy in the end as the guy was a bit all over the place

Advertisement