Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Car Suggestions

Options
  • 30-10-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hey, am looking to buy a new car, to be honest I don't know one make from the other (:rolleyes:) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that would be a good buy? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

fifomania wrote: »
    to be honest I don't know one make from the other .

It's ok, they put little names and symbols on them to help you tell the difference.:D

What sort of size of car are you looking for to begin with ? Somethign like a micra? next size up? (corrolla, megane, focus etc) bigger again?

What sort of budget have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If my spidey sense is working

You currently have a 99 Corsa and you are looking at a 01ish 206.

Nice car and even better in Royal Blue which most girls go for. Have you considered a mini. They are not as expensive as you may think but a little more expensive than a 01 206.

How about a 206 CC Convertible hard top. Very nice and this is a good colour. Asking 5500 but Im sure they can do better than that.

http://www.cbg.ie/Car_Detail.aspx?ID=2459090

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Hey, am looking to buy a new car, to be honest I don't know one make from the other (:rolleyes:) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that would be a good buy? thanks.

If you're looking to buy a new car then you simply must try the Lexus LS450... it's very quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Biro wrote: »
    If you're looking to buy a new car then you simply must try the Lexus LS450... it's very quiet!

You are being smart but is there even an LS450?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP based on the budget you said you want to spend, the style of driving you mentioned enjoying/doing, the preference you have for petrol/diesel, the need for an automatic/manual and your current insurance rate I'd suggest you buy the 'pink car'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

A Hillman Hunter for you,its a great car with real character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

mickdw wrote: »
    You are being smart but is there even an LS450?

You're right, LS430 would be more like it, or LS600h.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Ooh good your buying a new car.

Ok, well we have been having a debate recently as to which is the superior of two cars:

a) Bugatti Veyron (blue & black)
    b) SSC ultimate aero (gold & black)

You can settle the debate. Go test drive both and tell us which you want more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

shame on you all....

Advertisement