Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO Milkround interview

• 30-10-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19

Hey, just wondering has anyone heard from BDO yet? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭schumacher

well no i havent and i think I should get an interview because i got one with pwc, kpmg and deloitte! I know noone who has heard from then so i would not worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 bananatree

Thanks a mil for replying...feel alot better now! Am in the same boat as yourself, have heard from pwc, kpmg and deloitte. Hope we hear from bdo soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Freind of mine got a 'no' off them on tuesday. Heard nothing myself yet though....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ur2008

i got a no from BDO.. But going for pwc next week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 susie-q

I got a presentation from BDO on tues 4th and then interview on sat 8th.
    Does any 1 know how long their interview lasts for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

susie-q wrote: »

Usually 2 interviews of around 15-20 minutes each. They're not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

susie-q wrote: »

It'll depend on which office. I assume the competition will be firecer in Dublin than Limerick, and with Galway so new, it's hard to say if they'll even take graduates this year.

2nd round should probably take 30-45 mins in Limerick. Hoping it won't take that long though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

ninty9er wrote: »
    It'll depend on which office. I assume the competition will be firecer in Dublin than Limerick, and with Galway so new, it's hard to say if they'll even take graduates this year.

2nd round should probably take 30-45 mins in Limerick. Hoping it won't take that long though.

It's actually the regional offices that are much harder to get into when applying to Big 4 and mid-tier firms as there are much fewer places for the numbers applying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Newaglish wrote: »
    It's actually the regional offices that are much harder to get into when applying to Big 4 and mid-tier firms as there are much fewer places for the numbers applying.

True story.

AFAIK BDO Dublin are taking in approx 20 audit grads and 3 or 4 tax. I think there's around 80 people going for interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I'd be surprised if Galway were taking any. Didnt they just let go a quarter of their staff there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd be surprised if Galway were taking any. Didnt they just let go a quarter of their staff there?

That would be less than a handful of people in Galway, it's a new office.

There's 6 places in Limerick. 5 Audit and 1 Tax, with a possibility of one of the audit getting some CF experience too.

Advertisement