Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For the Lara fans

• 30-10-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭

Anyone download the tomb raider Underworld demo this week from marketplace and have a shot of it? What do you think? Well I had a go lastnight before bed and it was awesome!! Heres what I think!

I dont like Laras look personally, but I spose its about time they made her look her age eh? Otherwise Graphics are perfect and the environment looks so crisp, Ive never seen water look as good!
    General movement/ Gameplay is much more realistic too. There is a much better sense of gravity and speed in this game. For example when Lara jumps you can see a kind of blur from the sudden movement and then she drops back to the ground very quickly. None of this gliding in the air with ease and grace ****e as weve experienced in the previous games. It feels like hard work. The animators did the game proud.

The Climbing system is different also. It is reminiscent of the one in assassins creed but much faster and more fluid if you know your buttons. Rock climbing is now included aswel as the old traversing ledges and jumping from one ledge to another. Lara can vault up onto tiny ledges jutting out slightly from rock faces/cliffs etc. Its much easier to set yourself up for a jump this way. She can also vault up onto horizontal poles and walk across them. As well as these new features, it seems the developers tried to make climbing routes not so obvious so that you really have to look and think about where you are going. One wrong jump and youre either dead or back to where you started but suprisingly this doesnt feel as tedious as previous games in my opinion.

And the enemies! :eek: OMG Ive never been so scared of a tiger in a game. Theyre friggin huge!!and its not so easy to dodge them this time around because so far they have attacked me in groups of three....Fun. However there are a lovely array of weapons which can be selected via Laras new 'PDA'. nO having to pick em of dead guys or find them in some nook or cranny like we've seen in Legend or Anniversary. Lara is also equipped with grenades which can stick to enemies and blow them to bits but I wouldnt recommend sticking them to the tigers,they come chasing after you and when the grenade goes off the tiger will take you with it. Other enemies to kill in the demo are bugs,bats and sharks. Sharks usually leave you alone unless you get too close.

Wow didnt think Id have so much to say about it but its looking like its going to a great game, cant wait to see what the rest of the game is like!

Any other opinions? Please share!

Comments

Advertisement