Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace wall paper in bathroom

Options
  • 30-10-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Just wondering what is best option here, I have a wall in bathroom that is half in tile and half like this,I don't have any other of the tiles left and don't want to have 2 different tiles beside each other, could I get a good wall paper type thing for bathrooms, or is there anything else I could do,this is a rented house and I don't want to spend to much as I plan to extend bathroom in the future.I have extractor that come on when shower is used but window probably needs to be opened aswell to help with the damp on the wall.Tenants just don't like opening windows.

DSCF6846.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Would never put wallpaper in a bathroom. The steam from a bath or shower will eventually lift paper.. Get Dulux bathroom paint, it is meant to be resistant to moisture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

+1 on painting it. Strip the paper, wash the walls down to get rid of the paste and coat it up.

You can get vinyl wallpapers for bathrooms and kitchens, usually tile-on-roll type stuff. If you're afraid of it lifting due to steam, use 50% vinyl adhesive, 50% paste to hang. Won't be easy to strip but the ambient steam won't lift it.

Advertisement