Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Discounts

• 30-10-2008 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

sorry if asked before but how do i go about getting student discount in hmv stores. Was told that need more than basic student card, something like a hmv student card as well??

thanks

wierdal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah it's a bit of a bollix, you need to get a hmv student discount card off them, so whenever you want a discount you need your student card and a hmv card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭wierdal

where i get the hmv discount card, hmv or college??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Pop into hmv, show them your valid student card, and they will give you a discount card that you show everytime you buy something, it gets swiped. Some stores arent thick about showing the student card as well as the discount card at time of purchase but better to have it. lasts a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I was in Grafton Street the other week and I showed my UCD card, the girl on the till said she had to show it to the SECURITY MAN before she could have the discount verified and then gave me the HMV card---soo not worth the hassle and waiting around. In future I'll go to Golden Discs, much more easy going with the discounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭wierdal

do golden disks just need the student card or a discount card as well.

btw what other places take this(games dvds music etc.)

Thanks all
    Wierdal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

sitstill wrote: »
    I was in Grafton Street the other week and I showed my UCD card, the girl on the till said she had to show it to the SECURITY MAN before she could have the discount verified and then gave me the HMV card---soo not worth the hassle and waiting around. In future I'll go to Golden Discs, much more easy going with the discounts

Not that big of deal surely the secruity guard normaly has the student discount cards on him, once you have your own card the worker just needs to swipe it.

Plus Golden Discs are dearer on a lot of products.

Advertisement