Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring blocked in mid-cap

Options
  • 30-10-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Got brand new mid-caps from eirsoft.ie this weekend for mil-sim.

In one of them spring has locked inside.

How to dismantle midcap or not bother and throw away and got another(they are couples quid)?

Thanks for any help on this one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

lumengrid wrote: »
    Got brand new mid-caps from eirsoft.ie this weekend for mil-sim.

In one of them spring has locked inside.

How to dismantle midcap or not bother and throw away and got another(they are couples quid)?

Thanks for any help on this one

give a spray of silicone oil and see how things go after that im sure one of the techies will help, naked dex and vtec are 2 that you might want to consult, sorry to the rest of you im bad with names:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lumengrid

Thanks G3

I'll give it a go but judging it might not help

Soorry should be:

Judging it. it might not help. Silicone that is. :)

youd be surprised, this one time, at band camp my aeg was missing a gearbox, i sprayed some silicone and wala, it had a gearbox

G3-Nut wrote: »
    youd be surprised, this one time, at band camp my aeg was missing a gearbox, i sprayed some silicone and wala, it had a gearbox

LOL :D:D:D

little lubrication always help, you say?

• Advertisement

go to the Eirsoft thread in the airsoft sites and retailers section...

just post youre problem and im sure vtec will tell you how to sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i have the same problem with of mine it happened last weekend too:eek: id love to be able to fix it so im gonna piggy back your thread if that ok?

it happened months ago aswell and i opened the mag up to fix it.....its not a good idea i couldnt get the spring back in to it:(so i just dumped it

lumengrid i just fixed my mid cap!

as G3 said i sprayed $hit loads of silicon in to the mag and left it for about 10 mins,

then i got one of my BB loaders and filled the mag as normal and low and behold when i was pushing the BB's in it freed the spring up.

woo hoo back up to 9 mags now!!

lumengrid i just fixed my mid cap!

as G3 said i sprayed $hit loads of silicon in to the mag and left it for about 10 mins,

then i got one of my BB loaders and filled the mag as normal and low and behold when i was pushing the BB's in it freed the spring up.

woo hoo back up to 9 mags now!!

Yep its a life saver...remember the reason most midcaps lock up is because of being loaded for too long...try to load your mags as close to use as possible, maybe get to the site 20 mins early and load them or so...i left BB's in one of my mags for 8 days a while back and it locked up...but silicone oil saved the day!!

G3-Nut wrote: »
    Yep its a life saver...remember the reason most midcaps lock up is because of being loaded for too long...try to load your mags as close to use as possible, maybe get to the site 20 mins early and load them or so...i left BB's in one of my mags for 8 days a while back and it locked up...but silicone oil saved the day!!

i normally load them the night before but the one that locked only took about 50 bbs and wouldnt take any more because it jammed and when i unloaded it the spring was stuck.

thanks again G3

lumengrid hope you have the same luck fixing yours!:)

• Advertisement

i normally load them the night before but the one that locked only took about 50 bbs and wouldnt take any more because it jammed and when i unloaded it the spring was stuck.

thanks again G3

lumengrid hope you have the same luck fixing yours!:)

Thats what i do...damn...i have to do it tonight lol heading hrta tomorow

no problem:D

good luck lumen

Advertisement