Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G GR25 Shes a stuck

Options
  • 30-10-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

bit of a problem, got a gr25 today, its after hanging (for want of a better word), i know that this could usually b cleared by going full auto but the gun dont have no full auto

From what ive read i must take out the motor and decock

Thats where im stuck at what do i decock, whats it look like???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Hi Folks

bit of a problem, got a gr25 today, its after hanging (for want of a better word), i know that this could usually b cleared by going full auto but the gun dont have no full auto

From what ive read i must take out the motor and decock

Thats where im stuck at what do i decock, whats it look like???

Ya have possibly locked up the gearbox...were ya using an 8.4v?

Best thing to do its strip the upper receiver off it and see if the piston is

engaged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've talked a few people through this by pm before, I should really post a guide on it now that they're getting to be popular.

GR25's require a higher voltage battery than normal. They'll lock up after every few shots on an 8.4v battery, and may do so on a badly charged or poor quality 9.6v battery also. I suggest getting a good 9.6v or 10.8v battery (9.6v is plenty, I've been using one for ages and it's perfect. Just be sure to get a high capacity one, 2000mAh+)

First thing's first. Check the fuse, sounds silly but I've seen people disassemble entire mechboxes only to find a blown fuse was their problem.

The problem is caused by engagement of the anti reversal latch kicking in due to the motor not having enough power to complete a cycle. To fix it, do the following.

Open the motor heatsink at the bottom of the grip.
    Disconnect and remove the motor.
    ***Try replacing the motor at this point and firing a shot. Sometimes it only needs the motor to be released from engaging the bevel gear. If not, carry on as below***
    With the motor withdrawn completely, take a small flat head screwdriver/probe/awl/seal pick and place it inside the pinion gear entry point (the largest hole of the five you'll see at the top of the inside of the grip).
    Make contact with the bevel gear and push it onward a few times.
    Reassemble the motor assembly, replace battery and test fire.

This should clear the lock. If not, there may be another reason for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Cheers lads, i was usein a firefox 9.6v

Scuttles of to new pride and joy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I find the best way to do it is to just remove the front body pin, slide off the top receiver, and push the piston back with a thin screwdriver through the air nozzle, then fire it a few times., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

had this problem before, all i did was open the bottom of the stock and take the motor out a bit and then put it back in and fire a shot, there was pressure on the motor or something, Dex explained it before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Thanks lads Worked purfectly

Advertisement