Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Car Opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

ninty9er wrote: »
    Alfa Romeo 147 1.9 JTD DUCATI SS 170BHP
    31k apparently. but I'm sure any Alfa dealers that are left at this stage would do a straight deal for €28k..

eh? what's a Ducati Alfa ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Tony Broke wrote: »
    Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 DI-D

Class looking car, fast, reliable, quite cheap.

They are cheap and look good, but there seems to be no diesel in the new range

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

galwaytt wrote: »
    Oh really.........?? I don't think so !! I've a 5k bill for one of those engines sitting in my garage, so you couldn't give me one of those for free.

Actually, you could. But only to take the engine out and put it in my own yoke !:D

A 140 engine??? It's only been available since the introduction of the MKII. The previous one was 145, surely they managed to fix the fault at production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

Not available here yet though.

Really

Thats incredible.We really do get shafted here :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

Fabulous looking car too, especially the Ralliart

tn_AS08Mitsubishi%20Lancer%201.jpg

• Advertisement

Really

They have a 1.8 MIVEC Auto in the UK and a hatch that looks like an Chevy Lacetti:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

SomeDude wrote: »
    groupb wrote:
    Try following a focus on a bad road in your "rocket".
    OP , I would definitly test the focus diesel as well.

Here we go again....is there anyone out there that dislikes VAG cars more than this guy :D

I seriously doubt it, I don't know anyone who hates VAG cars so much or who loves Ford more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dome22

New Megane Coupe 1,9 130bhp due this month, looks good on paper anyway, may be worth a look, tax bracket B I believe, just hope it's better than the last heart breaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

galwaytt wrote: »
    eh? what's a Ducati Alfa ??

They're a special edition currently available: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/147/DUCATI-L/200840190247272/advert

Quite nice they are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You will get an Alfa 147 with a savage spec for that money.Full leather etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

dome22 wrote: »
    New Megane Coupe 1,9 130bhp due this month, looks good on paper anyway, may be worth a look, tax bracket B I believe, just hope it's better than the last heart breaker

I could be wrong, but I don't think we will be offered that engine.

Just the 1.5 dCi in 90 bhp and 110 bhp are all we're meant to be getting, along with the 1.6 petrol(the new Mégane won't have a naturally aspirated 1.4, instead a 1.4 TCE is coming next year with 130 bhp).
    Really

We will be getting it, first deliveries in January.

It is rather inefficient though, with CO2 values of 165 g/km(minimum, some do 173 g/km) putting it firmly in band D, while the 1.5 petrol is in band C, so I don't really know what the point of it is.

Oh and the diesel is actually a VAG unit, and one of those rattly PD units at that.

There will be a new 1.8 DI-D(at least I think it's a 1.8) engine next year which is Mitsubishi's own design, and presumably will be greener and therefore cheaper.
    A 140 engine??? It's only been available since the introduction of the MKII. The previous one was 145, surely they managed to fix the fault at production.

They're actually the same engine, just different power outputs IIRC. Presumably there have been technical improvements though so that the newer engines won't go belly up like the older ones, I'm sure Mazda doesn't want to lose its reputation for reliability.

For 2009 this engine will be withdrawn, and replaced by a 2.2 in 120, 163 and 185 bhp guises. Which is heavily related to the 2.0 by the way.
    Honda Civic 2.2 I-CTDI SE-S.

+1.

I think it's the best option, loads of power gadgets, great looks(I think the outside and inside are terriffic) and Honda reliability. What more do you need really?

E92 wrote: »

I think it's the best option, loads of power gadgets, great looks(I think the outside and inside are terriffic) and Honda reliability. What more do you need really?

But at 27k+ it's a feckin' fortune!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

VolvoMan wrote: »
    But at 27k+ it's a feckin' fortune!:eek:

The OP's budget is €27-28k, so the Civic diesel is within budget for the OP, and even more so after a discount which should be easily obtainable given the state of the market at present.

E92 wrote: »
    The OP's budget is €27-28k, so the Civic diesel is within budget for the OP, and even more so after a discount which should be easily obtainable given the state of the market at present.

On a special order Civic??? It's not like there's going to be one hanging around somewhere gathering rain.

I'd say there's more chance of pigs flying than a substantial discount on that particular car.

On a special order Civic??? It's not like there's going to be one hanging around somewhere gathering rain.

I'd say there's more chance of pigs flying than a substantial discount on that particular car.

They aren't that great a car either. The rear three quarter view is quite frankly shocking and it uses a very unsophisticated 'cheap to make' type of suspension. Apparently early cars haven't been that reliable by Honda standards either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

How did this turn into a discussion on Honda Civics?

Please keep it on topic: Alfa 149 ;)

Bluefoam wrote: »
    How did this turn into a discussion on Honda Civics?

Please keep it on topic: Alfa 149 ;)

That car is about a year away yet, it can't come soon enough.

Advertisement