Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking News!!!, Tazz takes over boards.ie

• 30-10-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Digging the temporary colour scheme
    TAZZ.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

EdK wrote: »
    Digging the temporary colour scheme
    TAZZ.jpg

is the mood about to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

jeffk wrote: »
    is the mood about to change?
    Unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Despite how he looks Tazz is actually very happy about the change :p

SASR wrote: »
    Unlikely.

fek it anyways.remember tazs wwe debut?
    great idea to do it in new york and even the announcer mistake didnt kill the pop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

fek it anyways.remember tazs wwe debut?
    great idea to do it in new york and even the announcer mistake didnt kill the pop!

Damn shame that Vince never pushed him. HHH v Taz if done right could've been great, same with an Austin/Taz match. I guess Taz knew deep down what others though, that he was quite overrated . Or at least took his gimmick protection ott

• Advertisement

Damn shame that Vince never pushed him. HHH v Taz if done right could've been great, same with an Austin/Taz match. I guess Taz knew deep down what others though, that he was quite overrated . Or at least took his gimmick protection ott

WWE never was or will be mad on pushing a gimcrack they didnt create and they couldn't repackage taz.
    So looking back no one could expect much for taz in wwe, especially given his size and the way he was used by ECW it was never happening in WWE.

WWE never was or will be mad on pushing a gimcrack they didnt create and they couldn't repackage taz.
    So looking back no one could expect much for taz in wwe, especially given his size and the way he was used by ECW it was never happening in WWE.

They pushed Paul Wight ,Steiner and then Goldberg into main event title matches. Mysterio sold well did he not as the champ ? Although I suppose that was only after he had been marketed out the f'n window with all them kiddie accessories!

It was lousy seeing Taz and then later Raven used in them shitty gimmicky comedy "hardcore" matches! (I was well aware of who they were and what they'd done in ECW from reading Powerslam so I was initially looking forward to them having some good programs) Why did they even sign Raven and Taz ? Cause them comedy matches never added a whole lot to the overall product and I can't imagine the ECW marks bought PPVs just to see 2former good wrestlers take the piss out of themselves

They pushed Paul Wight ,Steiner and then Goldberg into main event title matches. Mysterio sold well did he not as the champ ? Although I suppose that was only after he had been marketed out the f'n window with all them kiddie accessories!

It was lousy seeing Taz and then later Raven used in them shitty gimmicky comedy "hardcore" matches! Why did they even sign Raven and Taz ? Cause them comedy matches never added a whole lot to the overall product and I can't imagine the ECW marks bought PPVs just to see 2former good wrestlers take the piss out of themselves

Paul wight was repackaged and steiner and goldberg from what ive heard paled in comparison to their wcw versions.
    Rey was a merchandise seller and a blatant cash in on eddies passing.

I haven't a clue why wwe signed them, id say taz an raven signed for the extra money or the guaranteed money if your not a ecw mark!

Ah yeah , I agree . Wight was of course repackaged. Steiner and Goldberg were pretty lousy and Vince (or was it Jim Ross on an Off the Record interview) said they didn't really get their moneys worth out of them.

I remember seeing Rey around when he won the belt and it looked like he'd bulked up a lot. I don't know much about fitness but that much muscle mass on such a small guy can't be healthy surely ?

Vince and his love of larger than life roided muscle men I suppose.....

Anybody here see Taz's main event match with Shane Douglas at Guilty as Charged 99 ? I loved that match, first ECW tape I got. Sabu's little run in was nicely timed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Tazz' debut was absolutely awesome though. First victory over Angle and had they pushed him for the title there just after he would have made a very credible challenger

• Advertisement

It always bothered me that they didn't have any singles matches booked at that year's Mania. Apart from some lousy women's match.

Maybe a Benoit/Taz match could've been good ? Or Taz/Jericho. Anything other than that rubbish hardcore battle royal :confused:

I think Raven said something in a shoot interview that if Vince had've been bothered he could've booked an Austin/Taz match and it would've been money. Or was it Austin/RVD he was talking about. Can't remember

I think Tazz felt his number was up so he chose to move to the announce desk when the opportunity came up, he preferred a steady secureish job rather than having to bite and scratch with the rest for scraps

Worst announcer ever. I'd prefare Lord Alfred Hayes, or Todd Pettingale or Stan Lane, or Stephanie Wiand .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Worst announcer ever. I'd prefare Lord Alfred Hayes, or Todd Pettingale or Stan Lane, or Stephanie Wiand .....

Taz is FAR better than all of them combined. And I liked Lord Alfred's quirkiness.

Brilliant announcer. A lot of personality, extensive knowledge of wrestling holds and he's funny too.

Brilliant announcer. A lot of personality, extensive knowledge of wrestling holds and he's funny too.

Maybe I'm in the minority :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Could have given Sky Low Low a run for his money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lord Alfred was class..The accent brought something else to the table

extensive knowledge of wrestling holds

Too bad the business has passed him by.

rovert wrote: »
    Could have given Sky Low Low a run for his money.

Ah a midget joke I was waiting haha

• Advertisement

Too bad the business has passed him by.

Yep, now they're entertainers and not wrestlers. Does Taz have extensive knowledge of acting techniques do ye reckon ?

Yep, now they're entertainers and not wrestlers. Does Taz have extensive knowledge of acting techniques do ye reckon ?

I was referring to his knowledge of MMA.

I was referring to his knowledge of MMA.

Ah right. Did you ever see the match between him and Paul Varelans?

Ah right. Did you ever see the match between him and Paul Varelans?

He was a regular Royce Gracie there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Enough already with the Taz announce hate. He made Bitchell Cole look ten times better than he ever was. If i haven't already said this before, but if you can, get the Global Warning Tour in Melbourna, AU. Their commentary from start to finish was awesome. They just let rip.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Enough already with the Taz announce hate. He made Bitchell Cole look ten times better than he ever was. If i haven't already said this before, but if you can, get the Global Warning Tour in Melbourna, AU. Their commentary from start to finish was awesome. They just let rip.
    "You're a wanker, Cole!" - fantastic.

"You're a wanker, Cole!" - fantastic.

Jericho was best at that
    "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL A WANKER IS!"
    Edge then performs simulated masturbation.

That match made that DVD worth keeping alone!

He was regressed a lot since then.

• Advertisement

He was regressed a lot since then.

I think that can be said for all of the announce team, in fairness.

I think that can be said for all of the announce team, in fairness.

In the same time period Grisham, Striker, Foley, Burke and JBL have proven to be better.

In the same time period Grisham, Striker, Foley, Burke and JBL have proven to be better.

Grisham?? You can't be serious. That guy wrecks my head with his Kermit The Frog voice!

Same here, Grisham is intolerable, as an announcer, interviewer, wall, anything.

Striker, on the other hand is superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I can't get past the Blue Peter presenter-quality that Grisham exudes... really can't stand him.

Agreed though on Striker being great. I think Meltzer and Alvarez were talking about his potential to be a lead play-by-play, which i think he'd eventually be perfect for.

The few times I've watched/heard him call a match, JBL was really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Striker is gold commentating..

Advertisement