Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Connecting PS3 with my HT: help!

• 30-10-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

First of all, I'd like to say hello everybody since it's my first post in this forum. I'm an italian guy born and living' in Italy so please forgive me for my terrible english, but I hope you can understand me anyway :)
    My HT is the Philips HTS6510, and I would like to link it with my PS3. The HTS6510 does not have an optical in but only coaxial in. PS3 has optical out and my ht has digital in so I bought this adapter:

f50f1ds3.th.jpgthpix.gif

I linked all but it does not work, I can't hear ps3 sounds from my HT. As you can see this adapter is the opposite 'cause is coaxial out optical in, but the vendor (that has optical out, coaxial in coverter too) said me that this is the way it works and that this is the right one for what I need. In fact reading in the adapter case it's wrote: Accepts TOSLINK (optical) digital input and provides RCA output. Useful for connecting a TV game or sound card with optical digital output to a speak system with coaxial input".

So, if it's all right, why it does not work? I tried to link it with my SHK HD decoder but it does not work. It's something in my HT but..what? I don't have options to activate my coaxial in so..I suppose it's already active.
    The only options this ht has in sound are: "lip sync, night mode and hdmi audio". Any suggestion? Thanks in advance for your help and forgive me for my terrible english

Advertisement