Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multimedia card for a camera

• 30-10-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

hi, i need one, up to (1 gig) reasonable priced and reasonable shipping, komplett wanted 13 lids postage, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

You'll have to give us some more info as to what type of card you need for your camera.

I find mymemory.co.uk very good for memory cards, all prices include delivery.

If it's an SD card your after this own brand Class 6 card (the fastest read/write class) is £7.99 (approx. €10) for the 4GB version. Just check that it's compatible with your camera.

Lots of others to choose from anyway if that's not the right type for you....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

its for an olympus digi camera, the 1 i have is only 16mb its stamped smartmedia, its pretty big about 1 1/2 inches square. as i am technically inept i cannot give you any more info, thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

old boy wrote: »
    its for an olympus digi camera, the 1 i have is only 16mb its stamped smartmedia, its pretty big about 1 1/2 inches square. as i am technically inept i cannot give you any more info, thanks again

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Old Boy!

I'm guessing it looks like this:

12427_1208621258.jpg

I've had a good look around and it seems the largest capacity smartmedia card available is 128MB.

My Memory are £20.99 delivered, couldn't find a better price from anyone who would deliver here.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i bought mine from ebay,,a guy in china i think he was,,had it within a week 2gb sandisk in total cost about €10 his name is flashman852 on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Judging by this wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmartMedia

128mb was the largest ever made, and they've been out of production for some time so they're only going to become more difficult to get. I doubt your camera is compatiable with SD that others have mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

128mb for £17.99 here (free delivery):

http://mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=SM128

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

thanks guys, amazon.co.uk i got it sent on to someone in england and they are sending it to me regards, etc.

Advertisement