Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corkscrew Recommendation

Options
  • 30-10-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to buy a good corkscrew as a gift. Is there an obvious best-buy out there ???....and any suggestions on where I might find in Dublin ?.

Many thanks,
    K
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Screwpull do a range of very well designed openers; see here- I think BT do the range but any good wine shop should have them.

Or if you want to go for a simpler waiters friend, then go for the hinged variety, like this;

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/KIERAN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]1065.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

get him one of these. effortless screw pulling:pac:
    65728.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

get him one of these. effortless screw pulling:pac:
    65728.jpg

Yes, nice to use but very large to store!

Or one of these!!lm400_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

my old man has arthritis so I got him one of those gadgety ones, sort of cross between the 2 above. There is another which is a syringe, you stick it through the cork and pump, and the pressure pushes the cork out, dunno how it would work with synthetic corks.

You can also get aerators which simulate letting wine breathe for ages, might get him one of those this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

Thanks guys.

K.

• Advertisement
Advertisement