Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 no colour! PAL60

• 30-10-2008 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Bought an Xbox today and set it all up grand. It was working fine, then I put in my game, PES2009 and a message came up saying "This game only supports PAL60". So I went into settings and changed from PAL50 to PAL60. However, now the game plays but missing a load of colours. It seems to display green and blue but there's no red.

My TV is relatively new so I don't know what the craic is? Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What sort of TV is it and how do you have the Xbox connected to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

It's a Bush LCD TV. I have the cable running from the Xbox and the yellow, white and red heads going into the corresponding slots on the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Does this only happen with Pro Ev?

Is the tv HD Ready? I don't know if would make any difference but you could try connecting using the component cables (red, green and blue connections I think) instead of the composite (yellow) to see if it makes any difference.

The red and white connections are for sound.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thats very strange. I'm pretty sure all LCD tvs should support PAL60 unless it's a really old one with no HD support. There's three solutions:

1. Get a new decent TV

2. Get a HDMI or Component cable that will give vastly improved HD visuals. Only works if the TV is HD ready.

3. Get a RGB scart cable. The connection you are using is awful and gives awful visuals. Connecting it to a scart connector isn't the same thing. A true RGB scart connection is a universal standard so if you have scart connections you will see a Pal60 signal and get vastly improved visuals (although not HD visuals but you'll at least be able to read text in game).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Thanks for the replies. It's not a HDTV, just standard LCD. Pro Evo is the only game I have for now and when I put it in, it said it would only play in PAL60 mode. I'll try it with a Scart and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i'm dragging up an older thread but i have a problem with the pal 60 setting on my xbox 360, i have my lcd tv connected using an hdmi cable but there is no setting option to change from pal 50 to pal 60. ayone know a way to solve this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i'm dragging up an older thread but i have a problem with the pal 60 setting on my xbox 360, i have my lcd tv connected using an hdmi cable but there is no setting option to change from pal 50 to pal 60. ayone know a way to solve this?

Plug in the old component/composite cable, making sure the switch is set to non-HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev9652

i have my 360 on full hd through compoment but its not the right colour

thanks for any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rax75

I had problems with my xbox displaying incorrect colours a few months ago. Everything was green and purple looking. I tried a few different cables but in the end I had to send it to Microsoft. It was still in warranty so they just swapped it for a new one!!

Advertisement