Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting to xbox live through 02 mobile broadband?

Options
  • 30-10-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there anyway to connect to xbox live using the 02 mobile broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I would also like to know this (stupid god damn college accommodation :( ), so if anyone knows, please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you can indeed,just make sure the network settings allow a connection through your pc and the xbox dns server number is correct, it should pick it up automatically, google it if it doesnt,its relatively easy to set up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

ok i think ive managed to figure it out...although it says on the xbox thing theres an update in progress but doesnt look like its moved an inch and while i can browse on the net it says theres nothing being downloaded on the 02 stats screen when im not using the laptop so im not sure if ive got it going...

what i did was (on vista) go to network and sharing centre) go to manage connections....right click go to properties and click the sharing tab, now click the allow other users to use this through this internet connection.

it definitley did something....im not sure what this update still hasnt moved

Am i way off on this???

ok that update didnt move so i cancelled. Found testing thing on xbox live. It passed the ip address stage so im def on the right track...it failed at the xbox live stage??? What does this mean? Please help

Update: now it keeps failing at the mtu stage??

Update 2: Well for some reason the first time i tried it it got past the mtu pretty much every time....now it constantly fails at the mtu! Does anyone have any idea? Ive changed mtu settings through command and that didnt work to changing ip settings and stuff on xbox and it still fails at mtu!??

Ok finally got it connected to xbox live.

For people who were in the same boat as me. I spent hours trying to get it to work through my laptop went as far as changing my mtu settings through the command prompt.

Nothing worked it just kept failing at the mtu. I never solved it. For some reason I decided to test it through my desktop which still has windows Xp. Went to the network sharing settings click share connection through this connection.

Go to xbox.com/support and type in search mtu failure into search. They give you a list of ip address dns address etc to type into your xbox config settings for the network. After that it worked perfect. Was playing online gta today no problem at all and this is in an area which is listed as the EDGE network.(although i have set my modem to accept wcdma signal) and not edge.

So to sum up it does work. For some reason if you have windows xp use that instead of vista because it worked straight away using windows xp. Vista still doesnt work maybe its something i did wrong but whatever it works a charm now. So for people who think they dont have a chance of using a 3g modem with xbox live it DOES work. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Does anybody know what the server address is for Xbox live? Want to ping it to check my speeds. Also, if anyone knows what the Playstation and Wii ones are for Ireland that would rock immensely!

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't think it really matters where the servers are. Most console games are peer-to-peer so pings will depend on who you're playing with. If you're using a mobile broadband device, your ping is going to suck no matter what.

Advertisement