Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specs - The top 10 listing! Anyone have one?

Options
  • 31-10-2008 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi,

As everyone knows HW is constantly changing! Do you think it would be cool to have seperate listings for the best chipsets, graphics cards, type of RAM (DDR, DDR2 etc..) and so on?

Would be very useful for anybody with little or no experience of computers to help them make good choices! Take (for example), one of the latest Intel chip - Core 2 DUO 2.6GHz - to share peoples experience of it, what they use it for, does it meet their needs and maybe even a mention to where they think is the cheapest place to acquire one either in or out of a system!

I know there is a lot of ideas above but could be worth a thread or 2...
    Any takers for fellow techies to work on something?

Spud

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dedicated websites end up doing that a lot better than we could. take for example pcmag.com - they keep editor's choices for just about every category of hardware and software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have to agree with overheal, plus the speed of which hardware is moving at the moment it would have to be revised and changed weekly.

But i suppose it would be no harm to have a introduction to technology, how it would be implemented... i have no idea, as it would be such a huge writeup about different technologys. It would be alot easier to just google what yoru looking for, even wikipedia.org has some good writeups.

Advertisement