Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media Sharing issues

• 31-10-2008 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭

My PC and my Laptop are both on wireless. The laptop has whatever internal
    card it has, and the PC has a Linksys PCI card. Both are routed through a
    WRT54G Linksys Router.

The problem I'm having is while both PCs are sharing media, when I try to
    access media on the PC the loading times are dire, and in some cases crash worthy, to the point where WMP11 stops responding.

For example, trying to load a playlist from the laptop can take up to 5 or
    10 minutes. Loading a song takes about 15 seconds, and at the end of every
    song (at the point of buffer - which is about 95% through the song) the
    player freezes to let the next track load, delaying the last 15 seconds of
    the track. This is while traffic on the Network is clear, and all wireless
    devices are at optimised performance settings.

What can I do, either to dramatically improve the loading times, or hack
    WMP11 so that it only initiates pre-load after the current track has finished
    at 100% rather than 95%.

?

Advertisement