Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love Women

Options
  • 31-10-2008 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I love women but since I broke up with my ex, I just can't see myself going through the pain. When I'm in a relationship with a woman I give everything, maybe I'm being the fool for letting myself open up.
    Lately I'm considering giving up on women altogether. I know this might sound the height of madness but I was even considering having a relationship with a guy. I've had boyfriends before I came out, I never used to let myself get too emotionally involved with them and therefore I never got hurt.
    I love been in a relationship with a woman, but Do I get to involved????

Could someone please give me some advice!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

The fact that it's painful means it's worth it in my opinion. If you could go back and change things so that you'd never even met your ex i bet you wouldn't. I had decided the same thing for a time, but relationships with men were just meaningless. i was never as happy as i was being in love with women, even though it came with pain, i wouldn't have changed it for the world. don't go back to men cause you think it will be painless. if it's painless, it's not worth it and you'll be miserable anyway. so you go back to men, get married or whatever and a few years down the road, you have a nice house 2.4 kids and a husband who you see as your brother !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Life's really pretty simple, if you're doing something which isn't giving you what you want stop it and do something else.

In your case perhaps rather than attempting to exclusively look for a male or female just go with the flow and takes what comes along. If something works it shouldn't be hard work and certainly not one sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

HellFire makes a lot of sense... just take your time and see who comes along. IMO it's only worth being involved with someone who really gets you going. Don't prejudge what gender that person may be, but make sure you are being true to yourself and honest with the other person.

Enjoy *s

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beecees

Hiya....the pain is worth it, it certainly is, it would be worse to carry on in life and not let yourself be completely open to actually feeling something- Like the way you said you didn't let yourself get emotionally involved with guys. Now for the cheese - Just keep being yourself and don't be afraid of getting hurt and one day some girl will make you forget about how you are feeling now.

Advertisement