Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice please

Options
  • 31-10-2008 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Ok so I have a dell inspiron laptop about 10 months now
    Soon after I purchased it , it developed a fault that it did'nt know the power adapter was plugged in.
    Engineer came out and the replaced the power supply part on the motherboard.
    Was working fine till last week when it started getting very hot when plugged in, fan was constantly running and when I tried to view videos in full screen it would go black after about 30 seconds and turn itself off.

Dell send engineer out yesterday and he replaced the motherboard, fan, processer, bottom casing and screen

Was watching a film last night(streaming)when I realised the sound was not coming out of the speakers only through the headphonesconfused.gif
    Then 10 mins in to the film, screen goes black again and machine turns itself off.
    Rang Dell today and the guy says Ill need to reinstall the OS , told me to back up all my files and he will ring me tommorow to talk me through it
    If this doesnt fix the problem can I ask for a replacement as practically every part of the laptop has been replaced?
    Im just getting a bit worried now as ther is only around 2 months warranty left on it and Im afraid it will break again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Detail your concerns in writing to them and ask for an extended warranty as a gesture of goodwill.

If they are sure they have fixed the problem why would they not do this?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

Ill give it a try and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

lfcefc wrote: »
    Ill give it a try and see what they say

make sure you hard line on this one, they will try fob you off with a quick fix if the laptop isnt in good working order when they " fix" it again demand a replacement.

You are running very close to your warranty period ending and if they dont fix it by then they might try charge you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

Well I was on the phone to them for 1 hour 10 mins today and they still couldnt fix it
    They are sending out another engineer on Monday but Ive told them if the problem isnt resolved then I will be asking them to replace the laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

lfcefc wrote: »
    Well I was on the phone to them for 1 hour 10 mins today and they still couldnt fix it
    They are sending out another engineer on Monday but Ive told them if the problem isnt resolved then I will be asking them to replace the laptop

lol know what thats like just recently had my XPS desktop replaced. After the 5th failed repair i insisted on a replacement.

Advertisement