Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD Jones - 1945 - 2008

• 31-10-2008 4:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭

I know this news is a few days late and surprised it hasn't been mentioned here already.

Conrad Efraim aka Special Delivery Jones, most famous for jobbing to King Kong Bundy in 9 seconds at the first Wrestlemania passed away on the 26th after suffering a stroke two days earlier.

RIP.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I know this news is a few days late and surprised it hasn't been mentioned here already.

Why he was a big name or influencial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I used to watch each week the WWWF classic shows that were on Sky years ago. Generally it was quite a boring show but SD Jones had a bit of a spark about him and he was fun to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rovert wrote: »
    Why he was a big name or influencial.

Neither was Iron Mike Sharpe (at least not to the current generations), but he was mentioned here a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

With Iron Mike Sharpe and SD Jones all in the one thread it would be wrong not to mention Salvatorie Bellomo another notable early 1980's job guy who had a bit of personality about him.

With Iron Mike Sharpe and SD Jones all in the one thread it would be wrong not to mention Salvatorie Bellomo another notable early 1980's job guy who had a bit of personality about him.

OMFG! Sal Bellomo! I'll never forget him on the Pit when Piper pulled the piss right out of him. "What are you doing here? I didn't order a Pizza!"

Think about that for a second, the stuff they got away with around 85-87 they'd never get away with now without people throwing the race card around left right and centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

met SD in chicago during WM22 week, really nice guy, will be missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I'm sorry to hear of "Special Delivery" Jones' untimely death.

He rarely saw a chance at Gold; his one belt being the NWA America's tag championship, which he held three times in the 70's. He (as mentioned) wrestled King Kong Bundy at the first Wrestlemania and he alsotagged with Tony Atlas in the WWF in the early 1980's in a feud with Mr Fuji and Mr Saito, the then tag champs. He was always considered somewhat higher than a jobber in WWF as he was always portrayed at being a capable wrestler though he is most noted for being on his back at the end of a contest. His last WWE job was to induct Atlas into the 2006 Hall of Fame.

I for one will remember him fondly, RIP SD.

I'd also like to point out that he was the first ever wrestling figure I had, one of the old LJN rubber bendy figures that if went flying in the wrong direction could break a nose.

I asked for Koko B Ware, i got SD Jones. My poor mom got em confused. :)
    And on that high note, the laptop is getting packed away for the flight. Have a good Halloweenie folks. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

rossie1977 wrote: »
    met SD in chicago during WM22 week, really nice guy, will be missed

His accent and temperment ruled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Demento about to shoot on ShawnRaven
    most famous for jobbing to King Kong Bundy in 9 seconds at the first Wrestlemania passed away on the 26th after suffering a stroke two days earlier.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=crFU7EtoHI0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

DRakE wrote: »

:confused: He was enhancement talent. What is there to argue about? Unless you just want to keep on shooting...

RIP. I don't think I remember the guy myself, although I know the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is there any of these "enhancment talents" on smackdown or raw today ? I remember back in the mid 90's Challenge and Superstars always had mid card guys (at the time) like HBK in short squash matches but they'd also be on Raw. Last I remember even the most hopeless jobber on Raw and Smackdown at least used to have a gimmick of some sort.

Thats a shame , i really liked him . Not only that but he was my very first wrestling figure when i was a kid .

DRakE wrote: »

Lol, Like anyone takes what this guy says seriously. Barely anyone remembers who Damien Demento was. Enhancement talent defending dead enhancement talent.

Gotta admire his passion for it at least.

Advertisement