Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell of kerosene!

• 31-10-2008 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

We ran out of home heating oil the other day and got a delivery yesterday.

The boiler is located in our utility room and we had to bleed the system before the boiler would kick in again. No matter what we did, given the angle of the valve, we could not bleed the system without spilling some kerosene.

Now the house smells of kerosene. I have already washed the spillage area twice. Any tips on how to get rid of the stink ??!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Get an onion and split it into 4 pieces and place them around the room with the problem, repeat for other rooms in the house. The onions will absorb the smell, works great the smell of paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Someone else told me to do this but I thought they were taking the piss! Sounds good. I will give it a go later.

Any other suggestions out there?

Advertisement