Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsered Christmass Day Surf

Options
  • 31-10-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey all, im doing a sponsered surf on Christmass day in Rocky Bay, Cork. (no wetsuit) If anyone would like to join me in the surf or in fundraising please pm me. Or if you just want to watch a man get hypothermia please come along between 1pm and 2pm.
    All donations and sponsers will be greatly appreciated or follow the link to my fundraising page. http://www.mycharity.ie/event/brian_keohanes_event/
    Its in aid of CARI (Children at Risk in Ireland) charity,a very worthy cause.
    Thanks Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

i live in cork just wondering where is rocky bay??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bbking

Hey Elainee,
    Its up throught Carrigaline,Throught Minane Bridge,and follow the road signs.:)

:pac:..................:eek:

cool might just check it out:p

elainee wrote: »
    cool might just check it out:p

Cheers be great to have as many people there:)

:pac:......................:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

Is it just you out surfing or is anyone welcome,and is it defo no wetsuits???:D

• Advertisement

Shane_O wrote: »
    Is it just you out surfing or is anyone welcome,and is it defo no wetsuits???:D
    No every1 is welcome to join the surf,the more the merrier and they can support there own charity if they want.
    Yes no wetsuit,its board shorts only, most of us surf sept to april so it would be a cop out with them,its the same as a christmass day swim but a surf.
    Ill be posting a map of rocky bay for all to come along
    Cheers for the intrest Shane:)

:pac:....................:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 milka

... great idea. Whats Rocky Bay like to surf?

milka wrote: »
    ... Whats Rocky Bay like to surf?

Hey Milka, its a great break for big swells,throws up some nice wedges for a fast take off nice beach in the summer for chillin too.

:pac:......................:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Would do but would there be any chance of any surfers loaning me longboard. :D Good Luck if there isn't. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 milka

Can you maybe post a map please Bbking? Would love to sneak away for few hours alright if i can. Also, i'd be coming from Carrigaline so wondering how far Rocky bay is from there?

• Advertisement

View Larger Map">
    Directions from Carrigaline.

Sorry for not putting this up earlier. :cool:

The more support the better and please if you want to sponser me or donate for the charity I have a website set up http://www.mycharity.ie/event/brian_keohanes_event/
    Its without a wetsuit so its gotta be worth it to donate.
    Please support if you can.

how did it go??

• Registered Users Posts: 31,599 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bugger, i live only 2mins away from rocky bay, would have come down with my board if i'd realised! Instead was at a christmas swim just around the corner in Roberts Cove.

Hey Lads,
    It went really well,no proper waves but caught one and went back in for another.
    Raised over €700 Thanks for everyone who sponsered me :D and theres still time to donate if anyone wants to.
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/brian_keohanes_event/
    Havin trouble uploading photes ill try again soon

Advertisement