Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks

Options
  • 31-10-2008 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed a distinct lack of fireworks going off in Balbriggan in the run up to Halloween this year? I heard a couple last night and one the night before. Is the recession hitting hard already? Or am I just desensitised?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

increased border checkpoints. fireworks are illegal in the republic unless you have a licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Morphéus wrote: »
    increased border checkpoints. fireworks are illegal in the republic unless you have a licence.

yeah, I know, I was just wondering if the Gards had stepped up the campaign to cut them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Quieter in Swords as well. Thank goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Yeah I was thinking that the recession must be hitting the skangers hard or else that they were stockpiling to have the place like downtown bagdhad but fortunately it seems quiet enough around balbriggan tonight. Hopefully it will last!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I was in Baldoyle last night and there were a good few being set off, but oddly enough I heard very few in the run up to Halloween

• Advertisement
Advertisement