Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool FC 01/11/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

mike65 wrote: »
    Torres on the left would be a shock rather than a surprise :p

Mike

:o

Oops.....that should have been "Torres left OUT". Damn disslexia:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

There's a decent sopcast [URL="sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/6029"]here[/URL]. Its showing highlights of the earlier games now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

D.S. wrote: »
    http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/294307

I was using this stream for the United game and supposedly the Liverpool game is on next...

This stream is working..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Lads, probably best to take down the links and keep them for PMs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Come on Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the fcuk is Tim Deadwood in the Setanta box at the moment. Is he not officially on Spuds payroll now. Between him, and Top Top with Sky, we're getting plenty of unbiased analysis from these broadcasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

D.S. wrote: »
    This stream is working..
    Nothing like a bit of Take That before a live stream. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Spurs to win 3-1 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Why the fcuk is Tim Deadwood in the Setanta box at the moment. Is he not officially on Spuds payroll now. Between him, and Top Top with Sky, we're getting plenty of unbiased analysis from these broadcasters.

Just sit back and enjoy it Charlie. Im sure your over the moon Spuds will be getting a bit of praise:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Juande Ramos is a 'burger wrapper' apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Diggler does it! :D

Mike

Lovely defending :rolleyes:

Babybing wrote: »
    Just sit back and enjoy it Charlie. Im sure your over the moon Spuds will be getting a bit of praise:D

;)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

1-0 liverpool Kuyt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Kuyt!!!!

Come on the pool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

KABOOM !!!!

KUYT after three minutes - perfect start

Fickle Spuds lot booing Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wh00t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Spurs need to be two down before they get going.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't believe Spurs fans are booing Keane after everything he did for them. Disgraceful.

• Advertisement

As the commentator said 'They seem quick to forget his contribution here' in reference to White Hart Lane.

C'MON THE POOL!!!!

Woooo! Nearly 0-2

Mike

Nearly an ogey from Bent

I can't believe Spurs fans are booing Keane after everything he did for them. Disgraceful.

Most players who do his shift usually get great respones when they return to their old stomping ground:

Nobby - Newcastle

Nicky Butt - Man. United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Oh I hope this ends up 5-0. That would put 'arry back in his place.

And because of the booing.....Keane with a hat trick and kissing the Liverpool badge in front of the crowd. Then he takes off his jersey and has a "I love Arsenal" shirt on underneath.

:pac:

Borefest so far. Spurs are ****.

Boring Boring Liverpool ;)

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

poke.jpg

TBH.

poke.jpg

TBH.

When have Newcastle fans ever booed an ex-player that gave the club all he could?

When have Newcastle fans ever booed an ex-player that gave the club all he could?

Not the place for this debate, but don't you usually wait for pre-season friendlies to boo your own?

Butt and Smith in Barcodes shirts spring to mind.

And to avoid confusion, I take issue with one of the Best Fans in the Worldtm calling Spurs fans fickle.

• Advertisement

Gerrard silly.

Mike

Worst half of football I've seen in a long time.

[Dunphy hat]Spurs are a nothing team who can't string two passes together. Average in pretty much every position.[/Dunphy hat]

mike65 wrote: »
    Gerrard silly.

Mike

No need was there? Silly considering the conditions, he's got to be careful now.

King was poor for the goal, turned like the Exxon Valdez with Keane but I feel Ekotto shares some of the blame for leaving Kuyt to himself.

Pains me to say this, but Jenas is missed out there.

Can't see a goal for us, except maybe a bit of magic from Modric, but can see more Pool goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Xavi6 wrote: »

[Dunphy hat]Spurs are a nothing team who can't string two passes together. Average in pretty much every position.[/Dunphy hat]

obviously you didnt see the everton - fulham game today, this is by far superior!!

Xavi6 wrote: »

You would think such amazing opposition would inspire Spurs.

If only we could be more like Liverpool with their silky one touch passing and ambitious football.:rolleyes:

Both teams have been ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

No need was there? Silly considering the conditions, he's got to be careful now.

King was poor for the goal, turned like the Exxon Valdez with Keane but I feel Ekotto shares some of the blame for leaving Kuyt to himself.

Pains me to say this, but Jenas is missed out there.

Can't see a goal for us, except maybe a bit of magic from Modric, but can see more Pool goals.

Different game if JJ was in there, Huddlestone looks way off the pace, and himself and Zakota are getting out muscled when Gerrard/Riera/Kuyt squeeze back into the midfield.

Not the place for this debate, but don't you usually wait for pre-season friendlies to boo your own?

Butt and Smith in Barcodes shirts spring to mind.

And to avoid confusion, I take issue with one of the Best Fans in the Worldtm calling Spurs fans fickle.

Fcukin hell, thats a weak argument. Butt and Smith were only ever booed when it was clear they weren't putting their shift in. Oh no, home fans in booing poor performance shocker :eek:! This is totally different to booing a player who has left your club, and for the vast majority of his career there, gave his all.

Resorting to all sorts now. You do know the 'best fans label' is something invented by Sky, and something you'll rarely if ever hear Newcastle fans call themselves. But yeah, clutch to petty swipes like that.

I never said they weren't.

I'd expect Liverpool to come out for a second goal then sit, then throw on Babel, or not get the goal and throw on Babel anyway.

Babel with 20 to go then.

Mike

• Advertisement

You would think such amazing opposition would inspire Spurs.

If only we could be more like Liverpool with their silky one touch passing and ambitious football.:rolleyes:

Spurs should be looking at each other for inspiration..;)

Most players who do his shift usually get great respones when they return to their old stomping ground:

Nobby - Newcastle

Nicky Butt - Man. United

Yes cause its really the same thing.:rolleyes:

Look Im not happy about the booing but it makes me laugh to see all the accusations of "fickle".

As if Spurs fans are any different to other fans. Of course Rooney was never booed was he? Barry would not have been booed if he went to pool (even though he was booed without even moving to pool:rolleyes:), Ashley Cole, David Benltey...the list goes on....get off the high horses lads.

There's always going to be booing when a player says he wants to spend the rest of his career at a club and is fully happy there and then a month later puts in a transfer request. I can fully understand that but a lot of football fans would not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The Constant StanJames ads on Setanta are annoying me so much ill never use StanJames in my life ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Unearthly wrote: »
    The Constant StanJames ads on Setanta are annoying me so much ill never use StanJames in my life ever

Bet you, you do...Stan

Nice to see Gerrard have a friendly chat with the ref just before kick off. Surely he couldn't end off his buddy for a mistimed challenge in the wet ! :pac:

Lol Gomes continues to prove me right on a weekly basis. Horrendous.

• Advertisement

All over the place...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Kuyt has been immense, in the form of his life

Ah Alonso with a great chance missed. We really need to get one more to kill them off. Big difference between the two teams but as long as its 1-0 i'd be worried.

Mike65 gets it right yet again! Heres Babel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Here comes Babel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement