Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool FC 01/11/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

M910~Austin-Powers-Yeah-Baby-Posters.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

up the spurs

what a difference harry has made

always knew he do a great job there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

mike65 wrote: »
    Well thats a total disgrace, Rafa thinking about the next game again, I'd hoped we had got past that.

Mike

Will you ever stfu that was the strongest team that could of started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Give 'Arry a fcuking life time contract!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Go on your beauties!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ntlbell wrote: »
    i remember a post i made about liverpool not used to the preasure of been out in front with the top guns winning

looks like they're not able to handle it rattled is not the word

this lot champions?

give me a break

Jays I'm off to bed before it all kicks off in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

This is ****. ****ing gutted.

Need to bounce back from this really really quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Jays I'm off to bed before it all kicks off in here!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Well thats a total disgrace, Rafa thinking about the next game again, I'd hoped we had got past that.

Mike

you can't blame Rafa for that. Things were going great and we made stupid mistakes at the back. What did he do wrong that cost us that game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Mike

Don't think the selection or the substitutions were the problem here, just that the players selected didn't really perform and Spurs got lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

hup the spurs :)

i remember a post i made about liverpool not used to the preasure of been out in front with the top guns winning

looks like they're not able to handle it rattled is not the word

this lot champions?

give me a break

Pfff please!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Chelsea back on top :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Delighted for you , Harry the Miracle Worker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

and you laughing at me, about me saying "spurs having a good foundation" (the night harry joined spurs)

:p;)

you can't blame Rafa for that. Things were going great and we made stupid mistakes at the back. What did he do wrong that cost us that game?

He took off keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

shotamoose wrote: »
    Don't think the selection or the substitutions were the problem here, just that the players selected didn't really perform and Spurs got lucky.

and what do you call liverpool getting a peno in the diying minutes to superman during the week?

the one thing about winning games on luck alone it runs out mate.

today it ran out

He took off keane.

who did nothing for the whole game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just didn't happen for us, we hit the woodwork four times so we can only blame ourselves. Fair balls to Spurs as this time around they showed real character. I was very disappointed with Agger tonight.

Out of the next 6 fixtures 4 are at Home. This is not the end of the world, we just have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and keep on going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

At least Robocop is on tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Taking Keane off was pointless, ditto Riera, the team wasn't firing dispite the possession then he disrupts matters needlessly.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Take a bow Harry Redknapp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Its just a matter of luck running out, they got lucky against United, Man City, Wigan and Portsmouth already this season, you cannot win leagues relying on luck that often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Taking Keane off was pointless, ditto Riera, the team wasn't firing as it dispite the possession then he disrupts matters needlessly.

Mike

Taking Keane off was correct. He did nothing. Riera is a different story. But neither of those substitutions cost us the game. So it's stupid to blame Rafa in that regard.

who did nothing for the whole game?

He obviously did something because when he came off Spurs had way more possesssion.

just out of curiosity does anyone have stats on how many times kyut gets offside when he's playing on the right wing? he gets done more times than the strikers it's hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Its just a matter of luck running out, they got lucky against United, Man City, Wigan and Portsmouth already this season, you cannot win leagues relying on luck that often.

and what do you call liverpool getting a peno in the diying minutes to superman during the week?

I call that illiterate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Normal Novermber service for Liverpool resumes I see.

Get In there!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

just out of curiosity does anyone have stats on how many times kyut gets offside when he's playing on the right wing? he gets done more times than the strikers it's hilarious

Probably because in Holland he was a striker, so is used to being the man up top. I know he's converted into a winger now really, but old habits die hard I guess.

I'm not blaming Rafa of course. Babel and Yossi (****ing idiot) were very poor.

He obviously did something because when he came off Spurs had way more possesssion.

spurs started closing you down which they hadn't done you's rattled and gave away the ball away fell under the preasure from super spurs

blaming rafa is a cop out

Have to agree with Mike, think taking Keane off was a mistake, he is capable of making something out of nothing and would have left us worried if he'd stayed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think we've a good bit of luck stored up to make up for the run of bad luck in our first 8 games.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Probably because in Holland he was a striker, so is used to being the man up top. I know he's converted into a winger now really, but old habits die hard I guess.

but to be caught more than robbie?

was his habbit in holland to consntalt get done?

nice habbit long may it continue

• Advertisement

Taking Keane off was pointless, ditto Riera, the team wasn't firing dispite the possession then he disrupts matters needlessly.

Mike

So things weren't working but he still shouldn't have changed things? Keane was playing poorly and Babel as you know is frequently very good coming off the bench. Tonight he wasn't, these things happen.

but to be caught more than robbie?

was his habbit in holland to consntalt get done?

nice habbit long may it continue

Dont get me wrong, Im not complaining :D

Kold wrote: »
    I think we've a good bit of luck stored up to make up for the run of bad luck in our first 8 games.

playing against 10 men half the time and other times defenders supermanning into balls to give ye peno's

ye have had it tough all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Well done Spurs

Ah the table has a more realistic look about it :D

The big two top and third ;)

spurs started closing you down which they hadn't done you's rattled and gave away the ball away fell under the preasure from super spurs

blaming rafa is a cop out

see my post above you :)

i'm just ****ing pissed off at this now. i ****ing new we would struggle with this fixture.

OK so we lost. When went on that great run with Houlier and lost we crumbled. It will be interesting how we bounce back from this.

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Well done Spurs

Ah the table has a more realistic look about it :D

The big two top and third ;)

:D

we got rid of one of the imposters one more to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Very impressed with Arry's subs today....some bold moves bringing on the likes of Pav with Bent still on the pitch and then Lennon later on in the game. Good stuff.

Babybing wrote: »
    Very impressed with Arry's subs today....some bold moves bringing on the likes of Pav with Bent still on the pitch and then Lennon later on in the game. Good stuff.

lennon carrying on from the arsenal game being a right nusance

liverpool didn't know what to do with him

playing against 10 men half the time and other times defenders supermanning into balls to give ye peno's

ye have had it tough all right

Something tells me you think Kold is a Mickey...:P

Babybing wrote: »

Lennon had a huge impact, especially in those conditions when defenders have to be spot on with their tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was only a matter of time before this would happen. Liverpool just don't have the legs for a title race. It's not a sprint it's a marathon. The harsh reality is that United and Chelsea are the only teams capable of running this marathon. It will be a fight between these two teams for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Very disappointed with Agger for the last goal, thought he could have done much better and got closer to the Pavlyuchenko.

It was only a matter of time before this would happen. Liverpool just don't have the legs for a title race. It's not a sprint it's a marathon. The harsh reality is that United and Chelsea are the only teams capable of running this marathon. It will be a fight between these two teams for the title.

I don't understand it myself, every year year after year for nearly twenty years..

next year next year win a few matches and there all off again this is our year

this was won't even be enough of a reality check for them they'll still think they're in with a chance "when torres comes back" "when robbie starts scoring" blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

see my post above you :)

i'm just ****ing pissed off at this now. i ****ing new we would struggle with this fixture.

OK so we lost. When went on that great run with Houlier and lost we crumbled. It will be interesting how we bounce back from this.

Don't jump the gun and calm down. As I said earlier out of the next six PL fixtures four are at Home.

Oh and I'm laughing at all the "Liverpool's luck has run out and will be exposed" cooments, I swear I didn't see you all coming at the first sign of trouble for us. We hit the woodwork four times and could have had the game put to bed by the time the clock hit 60 mins. That's not taking away from Spur's victory, they showed great character but to suggest that we were under pressure "all night" is idiotic. A fallacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Personally I think that if they try and flow forward like they did against Arsenal, Liverpool will win comfortably.
    They are more orginised than Arsenal at the back, and will (IMO) be able to soak up any oreasure and try and break.

All in all, should be a good game.
    I wouldn't expect a repeat of Wednsday by any means, but I can see a few goals.

Prediction : 1:2

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

YOU were wrong!
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Spurs will win today.

And I was right. So next time when i get one wrong and you don't, I think I speak for a lot of people when i say don't act like such a dickhead.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement